ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Traded Golf R32 for 182

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 22 April 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Jas on 22 April 2005Quote: Originally posted by cupsportmad on 22 April 2005I can see no better swap at that money. Its a front wheel drive car until the traction control comes on and its a perfect understeer simulator....not a patch on a 182 other than for build quality.eh? do you actually know what you are talking about? :confused:

Come on Jas, youve been around long enough to know everyone is an expert on here. :p
[/QUOTEI owned the R32 for 15 months so I think I know what Im talking about.Hes right,it understeers like its going out of fashion and when the 4-wheel drive kicks in,God only knows.You ever driven one Jas?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Quote: Originally posted by Nick nets on 22 April 2005

Fuel economy was a complete joke,19 mpg when driven hard!

Bet youll be able to break that when driving the 182 hard, on the other hand if you dont drive it hard (all the time) you do get pretty respectable mpg, which is nice!

Quote: Originally posted by Nick nets on 23 April 2005
Quote: Originally posted by dannyboy2005 on 22 April 2005Im with you on this one.

£7500 plus (for agruments sake)a £13000 clio? So the stealer offered £20500 PX? I cant believe that considering my make was offered 17000 for his 04 with 12000, against an RX8. Nice as the R32s are there no way, even fot he last of the line with 0 miles on it, your going to get over 20000 px.

Your dealers either

a) Wants to loose 3000-4000 on the transaction.

b) The sale mangaer is going to get his ass kicked for over valuing for px, pressumably the renaulit stealer wont retail the R32, and theres no way its fetching over 16500 at auction, so go figure........

Or you got the clio for £9000, which for a new, if not any 182 is a bit cheap if you know what I mean.

Sorry, but the maths doesnt add up! :confused:

Quote: Originally posted by littleone on 22 April 2005for a £23000 53reg R32 to get a new 182 n £7.5k from a dealer is a very good deal unbelievable[Edited by littleone on 22 April 2005 at 9:38am]

Doubting Thomas.I got the 182 for 12k and they gave me 19,350 for the R32!Theyll bang it out at 21 or so,so theyll still do alright!

Hi NIck, Im not having a go, but the maths doesnt make sense to me.....

A dealer will not pay £19350 for your R32, they simply are not worth it. The trade price for your r32 is £17000, which is what the car would go through auciton at.

Sound like your dealer may have dropped a clanger.

Your spec r32 are going for 19000 retail and thats from VW dealers, so imagine what they are paying.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Didnt know garages would do that. Ie give you a new car and money in exchange for an old car.

Would they do that with all cars or just because the r32 is such a good car?

19 grand from VW!No chance.Check Top Marque magazine,between 20-21 k fully specced with leather,sat nav etc.
Inchcape Renault in Southampton did the deal.Top fellas!
Dixon Renault in Hull offered me 16,500 plus they wanted 15,100 for the 182 with cup pack!To**ers!

Yes, provided they know they can make good money from your trade in they will do it, as its all money in the kitty.

However they must know they are doing a phat DEAL, making a healthey amount.

Silver Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by Nick nets on 23 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 22 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Jas on 22 April 2005
Quote: Originally posted by cupsportmad on 22 April 2005I can see no better swap at that money. Its a front wheel drive car until the traction control comes on and its a perfect understeer simulator....not a patch on a 182 other than for build quality.
eh? do you actually know what you are talking about? :confused:

Come on Jas, youve been around long enough to know everyone is an expert on here. :p
[/QUOTEI owned the R32 for 15 months so I think I know what Im talking about.Hes right,it understeers like its going out of fashion and when the 4-wheel drive kicks in,God only knows.You ever driven one Jas?
I would hope so seeing as he owns one!

][/QUOTE]I would hope so seeing as he owns one!
[/QUOTE]So did I dude,for 15 months.The 182 would waste an R32 round any bend.Period!

225 & Audi S4

Hi NIck, Im not having a go, but the maths doesnt make sense to me.....

A dealer will not pay £19350 for your R32, they simply are not worth it. The trade price for your r32 is £17000, which is what the car would go through auciton at.

Sound like your dealer may have dropped a clanger.

Your spec r32 are going for 19000 retail and thats from VW dealers, so imagine what they are paying

so he can get a very big discount on 182 n £19350 for his 2003 R32:eek: what a deal

Special offer New Clio 182 no VAT £500 cash back

Special P/X deal Up to 15% more value of p/x car

Please call 0800-01-04-2005

Offer only on 1st April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by ChrisM on 22 April 2005

The smaller turbod engines are also under a lot more strain and thus components fail more rapidly than relatively unstressed bigger engines. Its not a coincidence that r5 gtt engines (and similar) self-destruct on a regular basis when heavily modified.

You also dont have to ring the neck of larger engined cars to see the performance.

As for r32. Turbod to an easy 450 bhp (though 550-650 attainable) or supercharged to 350 bhp.
LOL!

Figures plucked out of thin air !

200 bhp from a turbo?

650 attainable ?

Says who?

Think youve been on the mushrooms mate.......;)

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

No, I think youll find hes right. EIP Tuning do a stage 1 to stage 4 turbo kit/conversion for the R32.

Stage 1 gives 300bhp+ on a low boost, and stage 4 gives 600bhp (which is twin turbo). For a great video of the stage 4 on the rollers click http://www.eiptuning.com/eip/video/R32/EIP_R32T_S1_SNOW_02.wmvhere

The R32 engine is a great base for a turbo conversion, little changes (or none for the stage 1) are required to the internals.

I really want one myself :) but best think I wait till the warranty runs out :cry: