ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trading clio 182

Hi

Ive got a clio 182 05 plate just wondering does anyone know how much ill get next for it next year when i trade it in for the rs model? how much does it depreciate??

mine was 6 months old when sold, low miles and immaculate, dealers offered me between 8.5k and 9.2k , tried to sell it privately but nobody came for it

All cars loose the most when driven off the forcourt tbh. If you paid 13k (better than the 15k list price) you have paid VAT of 2k + new car tax. You never get this back. With Renault doing new 182 full fats for around 12k that has not helped as well. I paid just over 10k for a 1 owner 4k car in March & even this has lost money now. Cars = -££££s. The only way to get some back is to trade up to a model with loads of profit in it but then the cycle starts all over again.

If you dont want to suffer huge depreciation, dont buy new, and certainly dont sell it in the first year! Or Buy an Aston Martin V8, should actually go up in price if you got in early enough!

Quote: Originally posted by simonr on 19 August 2005

All cars loose the most when driven off the forcourt tbh. If you paid 13k (better than the 15k list price) you have paid VAT of 2k + new car tax. You never get this back. With Renault doing new 182 full fats for around 12k that has not helped as well. I paid just over 10k for a 1 owner 4k car in March & even this has lost money now. Cars = -££££s. The only way to get some back is to trade up to a model with loads of profit in it but then the cycle starts all over again.
not all cars loose money though, some gain money, and some remain the same for ages

Thanks for the posts!! id trade it in if the rs is a better car but i dont want to fork out much more only owe about 2.5k on my 182 if they said my car and extra 2k maybe id go for one but well wait and see is the rs going to be much powerful the all previous models sports!!??

BMW 120i Sport

Seems crazy that the general opinion ive been getting from the forum is that 182s second hand are totally worthless (considering RRP).

Just over £9k for an 04 plate Black Gold? Thats an insane price, good for the buyer!

I dont get it. Looking on Autotrader there are a lot of older 172s and a fair few cups are up the £8k mark still (most are around £7k-ish depending on mileage and obviously condition). For example, a MK1 172 for £6k

http://brdwd.co.uk/cgi-bin/details.pl?v_vin=X89VSC

Having said that, as someone said, Renault doing huge discounts and the import market brand new for £12k doesnt help.

If I sold my 182 privately (8000 miles, 8 months old), id expect £10k at the very least (cupped with metallic paint). Trade in prices are very poo, about £8k i was offered; he told me he intended to sell it for £10k ish.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

looks like mine is going to the dealer next wk for 8400 ! 04 182 with 23k miles + cup pack! + pristine condition

watched a couple of 182 on ebay to see what they got. one of them had 17k miles + cup pack and only reached 7,600 !

Not sure there are many buyers out there to be honest + i think the ones that are would rather buy a new one.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Renault are killing the 2nd hand market.

Too Many Discounts on new cars
Too Many RenaultSport revisions:
172 Exclusive
172 Cup
182 Cup
182 Trophy

Thats 7 models with 5years!!

Da

Less

bad time to sell tbh, anyone in the know about the Clio RS is simply biding their time till the new model lands next year. I myself am looking into the 182s at present but know it would be silly to buy now when I can afford to wait ~12 months and pick up the brand new RS model.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5

SO WHY CANT I FIND A LATE LOW MILE 172 FOR 7.5 CASH?????

LOOKS LIKE I CAN GET 182 FOR 8.5, YET FROM WHAT IVE READ NOT MUCH DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 172/182

Da

Less

can your writing get any bigger! We are not blind you know!

Sorry for trying to help!