ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tram-lining, knocking, crabbing issues RESOLVED

Clio 172 mk2
Just a bit of feedback, may be of interest to someone!! I've been having these problems for a while now without being able to pin-point the problem (Laziness and cold weather being the main reason!). I did get a garage to look, which reported back as everything ok and it flew through its MOT.

Anyway, resolved it today by simply tightening the wishbone bush mounting bolts. They appeared tight, but I managed to get roughly half a turn on each one (both sides) by baring the spanner (tut tut).

I believe from reading previous threads that the bolt steps down in diameter from the shank to the thread yet both of the through holes are the same diameter...hence unless v.tight they can effectively rattle on one end of the bush. I will confirm this soon as I am going to strip them down to fit polybushes and solid top mounts anyway. If this is the case then I will weld in washers to suit. Hope this makes sense...(sorry I have no pictures).

Cheers, Rob