ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Transferring Sky HD recordings?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Can it be done from one box to another or can I use my new Sky card in my old box?

Either way I'll have a new box and an old box. I'd rather just keep my old box if it's possible...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ermm my half price offer is up next month... i'm not sure I want to say anymore.

I think the card might just work btw.

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup
From what i remember the recordings are stored on the the hard drive in an encrypted format. To view the recordings the viewing card(with relevant subsciption) needs to be present to view said recordings.
You can move the hard drive from one box to another if you wish.
Ideally you need to "pair" the viewing card to the box you are using - via phone call to Sky.
Not sure if that helps you or not?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Well it probably confirms it won't work with the new card which actually makes sense.

Because that would mean you could still watch the recordings after leaving Sky which you can't do.

No big deal I suppose. I don't have anything that important save now.

BMW F21 125d
Sky told me that when your subscription ends your recordings are deleted. But it'd make more sense that they'd just become an unreadable file.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
They don't delete them that's BS. They are still there on the machine but you can't watch them unless you resubscribe.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Cool mate, it's no big deal would just have been good to have the recordings there.