ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Transplant

Clio 1.2 8v
Hey all. i think this is a long shot by far but can someone list the complications involved and approx cost of doing this.

just been offered everything needed to perform an enginge transplant into my 1.2 8v 2000 v-reg clio. £1500

heres my engine bay:
IMG_0132.jpg

tiny engine i no lol.

but..... its a clio V6 engine. lmao.

would this fit in the front?? i have no idea.

post away and tell me. cheers.

Err it would fit (I'd think you'd have to cut some bulkhead away though as the V6 is huge alo mount most of the bits in the bot) like most thing but the effort is massive don't bother the V6 isn't amazing realy. 255hp from the phase 2 engine but it weight a lot so stick it at the front and you'll suffer understear.

Making it RWD like a normal V6 is a better and easier idea so long as you've got the skill to make the mounts or have a craahsed v6 to use for the subframe chassic. But IMO its a daft ineconomical idea. 172 engine much easier.

Clio 1.2 8v
Err it would fit (I'd think you'd have to cut some bulkhead away though as the V6 is huge alo mount most of the bits in the bot) like most thing but the effort is massive don't bother the V6 isn't amazing realy. 255hp from the phase 2 engine but it weight a lot so stick it at the front and you'll suffer understear.

Making it RWD like a normal V6 is a better and easier idea so long as you've got the skill to make the mounts or have a craahsed v6 to use for the subframe chassic. But IMO its a daft ineconomical idea. 172 engine much easier.

yer indeed was just curious thats all.