ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Transplanting a Willy Engine into an RSI

Sold MK1 RSI to travel

I own a 1.8 8valve MK1 with Stage 1 mods and about 55k on the engine.

My thoughts of getting a stage 2 done have been put on hold since the idea of a Willy Engine (Thanks Weight - "Let the Force be with you Si"-Lets hope so!)

So, Is my car gonna be capable of taking the extra strain? I thinking I would need a new bonnet with vent. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks. Im also thinking there would still be some if little demand for my engine, do we agree?

Simon

maybe 1.2 owner would take yours??? 55k is fek all

no reason a willy wont go in, just consider the loom, ecu, cooling, fueling etc

Im pretty confident your fuel pump is about 50 litres an hour short on a willy/valver item!

Sold MK1 RSI to travel

Thanks Weight, maybe I should ring Nick Hill and see what he says...

I suppose I ought to look at Sell on value after, although Im not sure if it would make much difference, the car would be still be modified by quite a lot, period.

I suppose there is more potential with the Willy if it will fit.

Yeah a 16v bonnet would be be required, manifold will get in the way otherwise (apparently)..

Whats the RSI 110horses? go with the right Throttle Body head work tuning bits and bobs and youd be what 140-50?

clio 20v

with a stage 2 id guess an rsi would make around 140hp

a willy engine wud prob make 150-160 with zorst an filter plus more torque

if u can find a willy engine id go with that

adi

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

yeah, deffo.

a youth on RSC has stage 2 RSi. his is 147bhp and about 150lb/ft which is sweet as....mines not a lot more than that with cams etc...!