ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trifecta of warning lights after steering wheel removal

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
I put my newly re-trimmed Snappy wheel back on yesterday, it looks mint obviously. But I now have the trifecta of warning lights. Being Serv, ABS and TC.
I’ve done some research and today have had the wheel off and tried moving the black wheel a few degrees and re-fitting but the lights persist, and to be fair, the black disc can’t really be moved much.
1CE4F770-8B5B-489E-8217-49C6E8E7D6D5.jpeg

I know the wires are delicate and all look to be fine.
The car has been sitting a month while it was wheel less but seems to drive fine with lights on.

Ive read about a sequence of wheel turns to reset the lights, is this myth?

What else can I try at home?

TIA.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
@Cads
Remove everything again until you get this and then keep turning the centre until you get a yellow dot in the vision bubble at the top left:
0A2583D5-2B26-4082-9003-FBAC5B28C76B.png

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
I am not saying it will sort it but 90% of the time it does 👍

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
I’ve just had the cowlings off and the yellow dot was not on the circle.
I’ve now got the yellow dot in the circle, reconnected the battery, fired it up and they are still lit.
Do they need resetting?? Or should they just go out??

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
As the cowling was off for another issue I pulled the wheel off again to check the connections under the air bag.
Oddly the yellow dot on the steering wheel angle thingy had moved out the bubble??
I assume this means the units fubar’d and likely the reason I have the warning lights on??
Given this issue only came about as I removed the wheel I find it hard to believe the sensors gone karput.

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
Hi y’a. I’ve since sold the car but prior to selling a diagnostic machine indicated it was the off side rear wheel speed sensor.
And I believe the new owner has indeed changed this and the fault has gone away.
Ive read that the cheap sensors are rubbish and KTEC seem to be the only people selling sensors which actually work.