ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trim on new shape clio

hi im new to the forum and at the moment im on the hunt for a 1.2 or 1.4 clio with no or little modifcations so i can modify it myself

been looking around at different models and couldnt help noticing that most of them have a black trim around the car, as in the pic below

http://pictures.autotrader.co

what im after is more like this picture

http://pictures.autotrader.co

with the colour coded trim, and i wondered is it a specific model that has this trim? a particular upgrade option when the car is bought new? or if it is a modification done afterwoods?
as both of these cars are described as a clio dynamique and im lost!!
cheers in advance to anyone who can help

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo

The 1.2s and 1.4s arent colour coded as standard. Only the 182s and 172s. Is a guide on here on how to do it, or you can get a body shop to do it. Probably be about the £150-£200 mark, but not to sure on that.

Best look on the Renault website they give you an image of the inside of the cars depending on the spec.

Use the uploaded to upload the pictures if your having trouble.

The top one is a Reanult Sport 172/182
None of the 1.2/1.4/1.6 come with colour coded trim.
Excluding the new Extreme 4.

But then again... if you are looking for a plain one to modify.. colour coding can be at the top of your mod list ;)

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo

I know you meant the exterior. lol. Called the bump strips for future reference mate.

have to disagree with you there mate, the top ones been taken from autotrader, and the car is advertised as

RENAULT Clio 1.2 Dynamique 16v,
51 reg. owner from new, sports blue, big alloys, CD, airbags, PAS, alarm, Williams looks with cheap insurance, just serviced, bargain. £3,795.

and also, theres one for sale in the for sale section on here thats colour coded and not a 172 or 182

http://photobucket.com/albums/v205/adamparsons32294/?action=view&current=Picture133.jpg

Polo + Micra

doesnt the top spec non-sport come colour coded???

the initale? or something like this

Actually, looking at the top picture, your right its not a 172/182..

The extreme four, and the very top of the range clio comes colour coded, cant remember the model now.

So its been colour coded by the owner....

ok as standard the only models that come with exterior trims colour coded are the 172/182 extreme4. any other models 1.2/1.4/1.6 are black non painted, some people have had them sprayed by dealers before collection, others have coded them themselves or had it done at a bodyshop months after buying the car. Its a good place to start the mods if you have a 1.2/1.4/1.6 and want to improve the looks.

thanks very much for all the replies, clears it up nicely for me, any ideas how much you would be talking roughly for them to be done at a body shop or is it easy enough to do em yourself?

Im hopeless with spraying, so ive no idea on that.
But when i had my 1.2, i had a quote of £180 .
That was for side bump strips, front and back bump strips, and rear spoiler, and door handles.