ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trip Computer Problem

Hey folks, another wee problem/query. As Ive said in previous posts, I dont have an owners handbook as of yet, the dealer is sorting me out with one as we speak, so if the answer is in there dont go nuts at me!Anyhoo, its regarding the trip computer. The first time I filled the car up The petrol level guage flashed for about 15 minutes before settling at full, but the reading of the numbers of miles until it needs petrol didnt have a reading. It has been at " - - - - " which just flashes since then. Anyone have any ideas??

Silly question, have you driven it?

Just asking because it calculates miles left once its figured out your average MPG, usually after a few minutes on the road. Ive got a Dynamique 1.2 16V and it rarely falls below 47MPG, on my run down to Bournemouth (from West Wiltshire) it peaks at 57MPG, incredible economy from a petrol, I tend not to hang about either.

RB 182

Thats normal to have that if there isnt enough petrol in it to register it.

[Edited by benclelland on 27 January 2005 at 6:33pm]

I find it when there is less than 40 miles left in the tank according to the computer.

Fair enough, I can understand that, but it started after I had filled my tank, I have filled up several times since then and it hasnt changed..

2.0 175dci rs meggy

you need to reset the instrument panel!

with ignition off press and hold down the ADAC button (trip button) then turn the ignition on!

you will see the dials go mental and the trip computer display will be completly illuminated

press the reset button on the centre of the panel and all gauges will reset back to normal and the trip disply will show the correct trip display

go on a road test (couple of mins) and all should be fine!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

after you reset it it will take 0.3 miles for the trip comp to calculate your MPG.

Quote: Originally posted by JAMESSRICH on 27 January 2005

with ignition off press and hold down the ADAC button (trip button) then turn the ignition on!

you will see the dials go mental and the trip computer display will be completly illuminated

press the reset button on the centre of the panel and all gauges will reset back to normal and the trip disply will show the correct trip display

Did that, holding the Trip button down with ignition off had no effect whatsoever... :(

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Quote: Originally posted by SCDave on 27 January 2005

Quote: Originally posted by JAMESSRICH on 27 January 2005

Did that, holding the Trip button down with ignition off had no effect whatsoever... :(
You need to hold it down for something like 5 seconds with the igntion off then put the igntion on without letting go an dhold it till the dash starts doing weird stuff!!! Usually another 5 seconds I think. Let it do that for a wee bit then igntion off, start car, drive and hopefully be fixed.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

i think the MPG counter is pure sihte, it aint even accurate, i get 260-300 miles from a tank (topped off and emptied like f) and the mpg says i do 33-34, my erse.

If so it should be around 350 miles a tank. Thing is pisch and the miles left to fill up is sod all use as well when it cuts off at 40miles, it is also worked out on the mpg figure which is pischy.

you can tell i dont like it eh?! Only a minor gripe, but i know on alfas that they have a journey mpg as well as one for the tank, which would be much better i feel and much more accurate. When i first got the car i thought it was a great toy but now i think its pretty mince as its well inaccuarte

Quote: Originally posted by SCDave on 27 January 2005

Hey folks, another wee problem/query. As Ive said in previous posts, I dont have an owners handbook as of yet, the dealer is sorting me out with one as we speak, so if the answer is in there dont go nuts at me!Anyhoo, its regarding the trip computer. The first time I filled the car up The petrol level guage flashed for about 15 minutes before settling at full, but the reading of the numbers of miles until it needs petrol didnt have a reading. It has been at " - - - - " which just flashes since then. Anyone have any ideas??
Quality i finally find out what has been going wrong with mine as it has been doing this, i shall try the resetting trick and see if that works. Kept forgetting to ask on here, then would get in car and remember Doh!

Quote: Originally posted by R20 CWH on 28 January 2005

i think the MPG counter is pure sihte, it aint even accurate, i get 260-300 miles from a tank (topped off and emptied like f) and the mpg says i do 33-34, my erse.
If so it should be around 350 miles a tank. Thing is pisch and the miles left to fill up is sod all use as well when it cuts off at 40miles, it is also worked out on the mpg figure which is pischy.

you can tell i dont like it eh?! Only a minor gripe, but i know on alfas that they have a journey mpg as well as one for the tank, which would be much better i feel and much more accurate. When i first got the car i thought it was a great toy but now i think its pretty mince as its well inaccuarte
Its is very accurate my figurees show it accurate to about 0.5% of the real figure and it under reads. It works off the ECU fuel injection so should be very accurate.