ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trip computer (problems with)

172 cup (again)
Can anyone help me with this please?

The trip computer (172 cup) keeps resetting itself every time I turn the car off/on. Not had any problems with this before.

Everything resets, mileage, mpg, distance left in tank, average speed e.t.c

Once i turn of the engine and start it up again everything zeros itself!

Clio 172mk2
lol common fault , started happening to mine last year and a few others , but it only seemed to happen to some in really cold weaher

Check the battery also the connections at the back of the dash and the earthing point.

Some dashboard did just fail though were replaced under warently but you'll e out of warently now I guess.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Its your car battery mate !!! mine did it last year changed my battery aint done it since. Car will start ok but trust me it is your battery:D

Sold the sport :(
Aye mines just started to do it as well, I strongly suspect the battery as only happens during colder snaps after short journeys the day before and is symptomatic to a battery that is not holding it's charge, start the car and the amps get cranked which resets the onboard computer for the trip.

Arse!

Which batteries are people installing? I'd rather get a decent Gel type if that would work ok rather than std lead acid shite that only lasts a couple of years or so, especially if you only do shorter journeys like I do

Si