ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trip computer resets every time I stop

RenaultSport clio 182
Just bought a ph1 and the trip computer rests itself about 80% of the times that I turn the ignition off but not every time. Really annoying as I never get an average mpg and can't measure distance between filling up.

Any thoughts?

Clio 182 and Boxster
Just bought a ph1 and the trip computer rests itself about 80% of the times that I turn the ignition off but not every time. Really annoying as I never get an average mpg and can't measure distance between filling up.

Any thoughts?
Had this happen on a 172 I had. Turned out to be the battery.

SQ5
Ignition off

Hold the trip computer button on the right stalk

Turn ignition on whilst holding

Clocks will be in test mode

Press reset button on clocks.

Ignition off.

If that doesn't solve it you need a new battery.

clio 172 mk2 phase 1
Ignition off

Hold the trip computer button on the right stalk

Turn ignition on whilst holding

Clocks will be in test mode

Press reset button on clocks.

Ignition off.

If that doesn't solve it you need a new battery.
Do you need to keep holding down stalk and press clock reset? Or just let it go to test mode?

RenaultSport clio 182
I just let it go to test mode. Didn't sort it though. Might need a new battery but the car always starts easily....

SQ5
No once in test mode the needles will sweep. Allow it to sweep back and forward on all then press reset.

Clio 1.2 16V

Any thoughts?
Better just throw the trip computer out and be done with it

Clio 1.2 16V
So how involved is replacing the trip computer? Whole dash off presumably?
No don't throw it out. You need the computer for the car to work properly just order one through Renault. By the way your car would've looked one step away from being chavy goob job you didn't limo tint your windows

RenaultSport clio 182
When you say battery @DannyR is there some kind of aux battery in the dash or do you mean the actual car battery. apologies if that sounds stupid just checking.

SQ5
No don't throw it out. You need the computer for the car to work properly just order one through Renault. By the way your car would've looked one step away from being chavy goob job you didn't limo tint your windows

Please shut up and stop giving s**t advise, there should be a limit on here of new members giving wrong advice.

When you say battery @DannyR is there some kind of aux battery in the dash or do you mean the actual car battery. apologies if that sounds stupid just checking.

The car battery, Clio's are very sensitive to failing batteries. For instance I've had one not start randomly and battery was fine reading 12v but new battery fixed the problem.

You don't need new clocks...

Clio 1.2 16V
Please shut up and stop giving s**t advise, there should be a limit on here of new members giving wrong advice.

I'm only giving my own constructive view on cars and im sorry for not being a mechanic professional with advanced car knowledge but I do my best advising from my own experience through trial and error. So please do not judge people by giving their opinion regardless weather its right or wrong have a nice day.

The car battery, Clio's are very sensitive to failing batteries. For instance I've had one not start randomly and battery was fine reading 12v but new battery fixed the problem.

Clio 1.2 16V
I'm only giving my own constructive view on cars and im sorry for not being a mechanic professional with advanced car knowledge but I do my best advising from my own experience through trial and error. So please do not judge people by giving their opinion regardless weather its right or wrong have a nice day.

SQ5

Trial and error? So you'd pay £300 odd for new clocks before the £60 battery?

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep

Mine does that occasionally, immob cuts out on NBV, jump it with Jag and it's fine. Batteries and connections are very sensitive as you've said and even a minimal LBV occurrence can throw them miles out

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
This is why we test the battery on every car that comes in...

feae414b43ddb3590f9a3685835a5b55.jpg