ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trip computer resets itself

Iceberg 172
This has happened twice now. First time I thought I must have done it accidently. Yesterday I definitely didn't because I was trying to monitor the fuel consumption.

Drove to Liverpool. When I restarted the car, it did a funny cluck/non-start, but then started normally at the second attempt. Didn't think anything of it, but that seems to have been when it reset the computer miles/mpg/av. speed etc :rolleyes:

Is this a known issue?

Black 172
my mates done this a couple of times before not starting due to flat battery, so maybe check the battery as low power might be resetting it.

Clio MK 4
mine does it all the time. It's your battery. I had my battery tested and doesnt fully rrecharge. Just ant be arsed replacing it as costs 100 quid. You'll notice it resets it self when you start the car on acold morning.

BMW M135i
mine does it all the time. It's your battery. I had my battery tested and doesnt fully rrecharge. Just ant be arsed replacing it as costs 100 quid. You'll notice it resets it self when you start the car on acold morning.

I got a battery from renault for £50 when mine started to die. And thats an oem renault one, £100 is a joke!

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Mine did that now and again.

Got a new battery through someone from Renault £20, job done.

Iceberg 172

Yep, that's spot on. It's also started showing the 'electrical fault' yellow warning light occasionally - the 'heart trace' one. Is this a further sign of a dying battery?