ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trolow plus 2118's

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Chris205 just doesnt like the fact there's another clio sport in the area thats on its bot when his isnt haha ;)
f6a8a83c.jpg

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Toolow more like. Or Trololl ;)

Not a fan. Then again I can't stand decked cars anywhere other than a race track. What's next, one of those tow straps with a sticker reminding you where the towing point is?
Lol ok mate sadly not I've only put coilovers on not put a bodykit on, no need to stereotype the car into a scene monkey

Have a look at the progress thread if you want to see what's going on

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
no issue with low, no issue with fitting coilovers to a trophy.....but Gaz ?

This gives me sad face

I was going to go with the h+r's that dave had forsale but they'd sold and these came up cheap. Nevermind I'm not bothered really I'm sure it will be fine....

The project thread is right at the top of progress section mr Munson

Big 'T'
Dont let people wind you up mate, i have a Trophy and i would have no problem getting a set of coilovers to see what it look likes low. People on here mess and change there suspension set up all the time, its starting to sound like a rule if you take your sach off and put them back on again it wont be a Trophy. Sounds to me like you have best of both worlds, a lovely looking 182 and a brilliant handling one when you want. Keep up the good work.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Dont let people wind you up mate, i have a Trophy and i would have no problem getting a set of coilovers to see what it look likes low. People on here mess and change there suspension set up all the time, its starting to sound like a rule if you take your sach off and put them back on again it wont be a Trophy. Sounds to me like you have best of both worlds, a lovely looking 182 and a brilliant handling one when you want. Keep up the good work.

Cheers mate that's exactly how I want it to be :) ....nah they not winding me up I knew I would get a bit stick but it's all good I like it and that's what counts

Stripped yozza'd cup
Nothing against a low trophy but all you've done is taken off your good suspension and replaced it with something worse.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Nothing against a low trophy but all you've done is taken off your good suspension and replaced it with something worse.

Have a read through my replies, I'm not trying to make it handle better, I've done the eibach sportlines on sachs dampers etc but these coilovers came up cheap, I got a good deal and I wanted to lower it a lot as I don't want to really use the car in a way that the sachs dampers would make sense. Atleast not for a good while until I'm confident the new engine can take the abuse I will give it when taking it out on long jaunts solely for fast b road driving.

I have all confidence in the gaz still performing to an acceptable level once I've had a bit of set up time with it at it's current height. Obviously the height isn't the best to really make it handle but I will get them somewhere near to what I'm happy with. The purists need to give it rest it's getting a bit tedious

I want it low, so I got it low, I like how it handles on the sachs so when I get bored of avoiding every bump in the road I will change it back. Either way in both guises I love the car and will continue to take good care of it

god talk about haters.. if everyone done all the same thing to there cars it would be a boring world!!

coilovers= win for steady summer driving and then the sach's for when its time to have abit of fun

good on ya for going down a different route to other trophy owners

E85 3.0i
Looks different Chris, be intrigued to see what it looks like in the flesh! Not sold on the 2118's but again, pics prob don't do it justice.

Also lol @ the hate and people not reading the comments and respective replies :) haha

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Strange this mate, I was sat looking through the pics of it last night, these inparticular. Canny sick like