ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy #433

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Congrats mate. I had that car for 2.5 years and loved every minute of it.

Enjoy!

Hi Jay. It really is a credit to you mate, as soon as I saw it at Dave's I knew I had to have it, lol :)

Well, after 2 weeks of ownership and nearly 1k miles added onto the clock :)o), it's safe to say I absolutely love this car. It just does everything so well! Planning on making a trip up to the Lakes in the next few weeks, so watch this space for plenty of pic wh0ring...

Joey - Cheers mate. Re: the camber, lol, one of the guys on the Trophy forum spotted that too - I honestly think that it's due to the angle of the road - unless Dave/Jay had something done that I didn't know about ;)

Cheers for the other positive comments though guys!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Glad its still enjoying the miles lol ... think i did more in 4 months than Jay did in 2.5 years
lmao.gif

Re: the camber, must be the angle of the road, i certainly didnt do anything to it (except drive it) and it was fine when the alignment was done!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I'm pretty sure it is too Dave, it looks fine in the rest of the pics.

Oh yes, the miles will keep on coming - did my first trip of many to Preston last week to see the missus and it was spot on. I think it's a good luck charm too - I got there in record time, lol.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
^ As above Eddy, Dave already has :dapprove: lol!

Really fancy doing a trip there next year though!

S2 106 GTI
Great pics mate!!! if your coming to the lakes give me a shout and we'll meet up!...... what camera do you use as pics look really good

JMR

RB 182 Cup
I saw this in the For Sale a couple of weeks ago.
Great purchase Luke - and as said cracking pics.

Interested in camera gear used.

I ended up buying a RB182 last weekend for the mrs - must get pics up.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Cheers guys!

Gib - absolutely mate, will give you a shout! Just had a look back at some of your pics - my fave Trophy tbh, looks absolutely epic! I think that you may have convinced me to save for a MF setup - now added to the things-to-do list :dapprove:

The camera is just a D40 w/ a combination of kit 18-55/55-200 and 50mm f/1.8 lens' - nothing special really, although I'm looking to upgrade soonish :)

S2 106 GTI
You'll have to give me some pointers!! As I'm on the look out for a new lense. Yeah I'll pm my number over and give us a shout,

Mini Cooper S
Enjoy it mate.

I bought mine when I was 19 and although it's only a car, it gave me a smile ever single time I jumped in it. Used to get up in the morning and go yasssssssssssss, I get to drive my Trophy!

Remember, be save, but have some fun with it too! It's such a great car, looks great, drives great and I should never have sold it!!

Simon

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Will be happy to help out Rich!

Cheers Simon - I'm still in that honeymoon period with it tbh, where the car can do no wrong :) Everyone who has been out in it has been so impressed with the way it drives. How do you find the Cooper S compared to it?

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Cheers guys!
The camera is just a D40 w/ a combination of kit 18-55/55-200 and 50mm f/1.8 lens' - nothing special really, although I'm looking to upgrade soonish :)

Good stuff.
I have the Nikon D80 with the 35mm f1.8 lens. Great for out of focus background effects.
Also 18-55vr, 70-300vr and Sigma 18-200os :)

Cayman S Edition 1
Hi Jay. It really is a credit to you mate, as soon as I saw it at Dave's I knew I had to have it, lol :)

Well, after 2 weeks of ownership and nearly 1k miles added onto the clock :)o), it's safe to say I absolutely love this car. It just does everything so well! Planning on making a trip up to the Lakes in the next few weeks, so watch this space for plenty of pic wh0ring...

Joey - Cheers mate. Re: the camber, lol, one of the guys on the Trophy forum spotted that too - I honestly think that it's due to the angle of the road - unless Dave/Jay had something done that I didn't know about ;)

Cheers for the other positive comments though guys!

Cheers Luke. It really did get a lot of care and attention during ownership, so you have a real minter there. My only advice would be is to enjoy it for what it is before you start messing around with it

Glad its still enjoying the miles lol ... think i did more in 4 months than Jay did in 2.5 years
lmao.gif

Re: the camber, must be the angle of the road, i certainly didnt do anything to it (except drive it) and it was fine when the alignment was done!

Almost mate. We only clocked up 13.5k, but we had a 197 & 225 during some of that time. Erica's RB182 is going well, aside from the battery failing at the weekend. Must be something about our cars;)

Ahh the good old days.....

P1010940.jpg

Last edited:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Tbh Jay, it's such a good car as standard I'd be too afraid of ruining anything. Will be staying as it is, for now anyway. How are you getting on with the 200?

Cayman S Edition 1
Great to hear mate. Yeah I'm loving the 200 as it ticks all the boxes for me. Its still got a couple of issues which I'm struggling to get resolved with Renault, one of them being the famous kangarooing from the 197, but aside from that, its a superb car:)