ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy Count

Clio 200

Who on here owns a trophy?

Anyone know how many are left at teh dealers? I was told less then 150

vee 6

i have a trophy . its sh*t hot. i often drive my dads 911 turbo and i can honestly say my trophy is alot more fun ! and without a doubt on the twistys the trophy would definately give the porsche a run for its money! super car scaring performance for £13500... that thought makes me smile everytime!

Quote: Originally posted by SNAKEY!182 on 22 August 2005

i have a trophy . its sh*t hot. i often drive my dads 911 turbo and i can honestly say my trophy is alot more fun ! and without a doubt on the twistys the trophy would definately give the porsche a run for its money! super car scaring performance for £13500... that thought makes me smile everytime!
thats funny, i have seen it all now.

A Trophy would not give a 911 turbo a run for its money.

vee 6

Quote: Originally posted by Homer on 22 August 2005

Are you speaking from experience there or are u just speculating ??? didnt say it would beat it or its better then the porky just more fun until you get on the motorway ;)

Clio Trophy ,EFI'd 5GTT

well looks like i will be a proud owner of a Trophy after ordering it yesterday :) not sure the exact delivery date yet but been told around the 15th sept .

any1 no if they will tell u the number of the trophy ur getting ? or do u not find out till u have it ?

i think i got a no bad deal on it £13k with mats ,flaps and supa guard :)

ill be sorry to see my Cup go but its got to be done .............

Quote: Originally posted by Homer on 22 August 2005

Are you speaking from experience there or are u just speculating ??? didnt say it would beat it or its better then the porky just more fun until you get on the motorway ;)
experience, 996 (and a 993 for that matter) are planted and would nail a clio in any scenario, wet or dry, straight or bendy, rough or smooth. As another compatison, a megablade would just about hold its own (ie keep within throwing distantce of one) and a megablade would blow a clio into the weeds.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500

You might want to have read of EVO Mag this month where they put the Trophy and a BMW M6 to the test.:)

Ok granted the clio wouldnt keep up on the straights but it certainly kept up when the road got twisty.

I belive the point Snakey is making, is on the open road most high performnce cars would fly past the Clio, but put it on to a windy road, the heavy RWD car is always going to struggle getting the power down out of the corners, and is going to have to slow down earlier. This is where the Trophy comes into its own.

A red missile

Hmmm more fun than a 911?, as much as i like the trophy i find that hard to believe, i once drove a 911 turbo from cumbria to west sussex and i did the whole journey like my hair was on fire, sorry but the trophy doesnt come anywhere near IMHO.