ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy fitted with OZ F1's

182 Trophy
Brought some Oz Racing F1's alloys for the Trophy to use as track wheels. They was in a right state so refurbed them myself and got a mate to paint them. The colour is darker than I anticpated but turned out not a bad match to Capscuim Red. Had these fitted for the Bedford Track day that had just been so a little late with this, Also fitted Yokohama AD08's . Also had the rear brakes done ( OEM ) while I had the wheels off so fitted -1 camber shims as already running -1.5 on the fronts. All in all was a good day at Bedford and with the tyres gave me that little bit more confidence through the corners without running my normal day to day tyres.
Here are a few pics of them fitted ( before trackday ;) )
9203999458_49a5ee69b9.jpg

Clio Trophy Oz F1 track wheels by Gareth Dancey, on Flickr
9201211701_bf0f4d7008.jpg

9201112581_d31acd178b.jpg

9201057213_0638425fab.jpg

9203845024_921135a44f.jpg

9201092367_3fd5cdd8a6.jpg

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I've just dropped my spare set off to be done in a satin black effect, but I do like the look of yours.

​we are close with our Trophy's, mine is T16 PHY :)

PS: personally I'd loose the tow strap.

Last edited:
  220 Trophy
The -1 degree shims will give you -2 as the rear has -1 already built into it therefore probably too much in total on the rear if you're only running -1.5 on the front.

Personally I would take them out for the road, or if this is a track car then keep them and increase the front to -2.5 to -3.

Car looks great by the way (and as Kelv said loose the strap unless its a track-car).

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Annoys me that you have painted the Yokohama but they are at different places on the wheels!
If that makes sense

Otherwise, wheels look great :)

182 Trophy
Cheers for the comments. I'll ditch the tow strap as it's seen better days and may go for the tow eye as instead as its handy for track days.

Yellow fogs are marmite but I think it looks ok tbh.

Ref the Yoko writing on the tyres being in different places would be impossible to have in the same places but it would look smarter if you could lol

Mental 172 Cup
Ref the Yoko writing on the tyres being in different places would be impossible to have in the same places but it would look smarter if you could lol

If you fitted the tyre with Yokohama in the same place on every wheel, for instance in between spokes where the valve is then it's not impossible.. It still Looks good though..

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Not a fan of the white writing TBH, but looks nice other than that :)

I do like seeing trophy's on track.

220 Trophy
Will do mate I do have a few track days planned this year so its just a pain to keep changing them or ingrease the camber on the fronts. Its not used that often the Trophy.

Its obviously not for me to tell you what you should do with your car, its just that you're running a lot more camber on the rear than the front.

If you cant increase the camber on the fronts then just take the rear shims out permanently until you can.

Its actually a really easy job, say 1 hour in total to do both sides, if that.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Cheers for the comments. I'll ditch the tow strap as it's seen better days and may go for the tow eye as instead as its handy for track days.

Do you get recovered quite a lot then?

if you only want it for trackdays, why not just wind in the normal tow eye on the day?
i only use the factory item, works perfectly.... And it's been tested after a trackday failure!! :(

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Do you get recovered quite a lot then?

if you only want it for trackdays, why not just wind in the normal tow eye on the day?
i only use the factory item, works perfectly.... And it's been tested after a trackday failure!! :(

Its just one more extra thing to have to remember to do when you arrive and when you leave, at least with a strap or cup racer style one you just fit it once and then forget about it.

There is always someone running around on the renault sport evenings trying to beg a tow eye cause they have misplaced their standard one.