ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy Fun @ Club Weekender

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
The other weekend we had our annual Club Weekender. The idea is simple. We get a few Club Members/friends together, hire out a tarmac rally stage and have a fun weekend. As usual a big thanks goes to Evandim for organising another great weekend and for sorting out all the little things that made it possible. :cool:

We had a mixture of cars - Honda Type-R's, CRX, 200sx (400bhp), Ibiza Cupra, Skoda Octy VRs, Daihatsu Mira 'Avanzato', Mitsi Colt and my Trophy.

Here's the lineup...

20100619_bont_150.jpg

20100619_bont_155.jpg

It's hard to convey how steep the track is in places. Put it this way, it's one heck of a walk should you decide to take a wander around it! It's not massively long but the gradients and camber can easily catch people out. That's why we only ran a single car at a time (safety first as always!) and ensured each and every driver took a walkie-talkie around with them during their laps. As this was a relaxed affair - no racing allowed - there was no timing and drivers were encouraged to take their time and drive to their own ability. As you can see (of will know if you are familiar with the track) there is *very* little room for error!

Enough rambling - here are a few photos of the track to get started with...

20100619_bont_54.jpg

20100619_bont_55.jpg

20100619_bont_56.jpg

20100619_bont_58.jpg

20100619_bont_73.jpg

20100619_bont_89.jpg

20100619_bont_92.jpg

20100619_bont_93.jpg

20100619_bont_96.jpg

20100619_bont_97.jpg

20100619_bont_102.jpg

20100619_bont_103.jpg

20100619_bont_109.jpg

20100619_bont_112.jpg

20100619_bont_117.jpg

This is my new stripped-out racer...

20100619_bont_177.jpg

Seeing as this is in the Clio Media section I better put up some photos of the Trophy... :D Thanks to Lyn, Marve, Ann (Cerisa), Colin and Alex for the photos and videos on the day... It was great to be in front of the camera for once! LOL!

20100619_bont_7.jpg

20100619_bont_20.jpg

20100619_bont_21.jpg

20100619_bont_23.jpg

20100619_bont_121.jpg

20100619_bont_172.jpg

Thanks to Lyn and Marve for catching me lifting-off on the back straight...

20100619_bont_234.jpg

20100619_bont_235.jpg

20100619_bont_236.jpg

20100619_bont_237.jpg

In addition to the above, here are a few videos too. Thanks to Alex for the following two videos.

[youtube]QK32pQuB4I8[/youtube]

[youtube]-6dMbQYDsH8[/youtube]

This final video is one I put together last night. Apologies for the poor sound quality - it's a shame you can't hear the exhaust very well as it sounded great from the driving seat!

[youtube]lLrENF9JsrM[/youtube]

Again - a big thanks to all those who made the weekend possible and to the photographers and videographers for sharing their media. Awesome weekend!

You can see more photos from the weekend by visiting our Online Gallery - click here.

Cheers,
Andy

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Awesome, the Trophy looks so at home on a track like that.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks folks for the comments - always good to get feedback and hear people's views and suchlike.

Your car always looks immaculate. Love it.
Thanks mate - it was in need of a bit of TLC after the weekend. Bugs were baked into the paintwork like you wouldn't believe. Mechanically though, she didn't miss a beat. Sweet as a nut. :D

Also, no helmet? Obviously not trying very hard :rasp:

PS. Your wiper stalk guide is very good.
LOL! No, no helmets. We weren't there to race hence the emphasis was on fun and keeping it within our own abilities. Of course, you could go mad if you wanted to but it's not a forgiving place. It was suggested to tackle it like a b-road drive albeit safe in the knowledge that no cars would be coming in the opposite direction (and no wandering sheep, horses, etc. either!)

Glad you liked the stalk guide mate - thanks! :eek:

Awesome, the Trophy looks so at home on a track like that.
Cheers Luke. It's roads and environments like that where the T comes alive. I think the car almost had as much fun as I did.

There seems to be absolutely no run-off in the event that you run out of grip/talent.

Has anyone ever had an accident there?
Yes - it's not a place where you want to go off. One mistake and you've pretty much had it; hence the reason we weren't there to race, no timing and one car at a time. That way there is no pressure to do anything stupid and end up paying the consequences... :S

There have been many an accident at the track but fortunately nothing that has affected or is to do with us. Leisurely and relaxed is the way to do it, keep it sensible. :D

As to the location, I'm afraid I am not going to say - as a courtesy to the landowner. Obviously I understand that some folks may well recognise the place but our Club hired the venue under an agreement that we are fully abiding by (and we also want to make use of the facility for future events - both leisurely and, potentially, competitively). Sorry about that but that's the way it is for now peeps.

Here's a quick (short) launch vid that Alex took of me. It's tough getting traction as the 'start' is on quite an incline. It also gives a bit more of a clearer sound of the exhaust system...

[youtube]e-Fq2KmgI1U[/youtube]

And here's a little more handheld in-car footage...

[youtube]fTH_gBNUYxM[/youtube]

[youtube]xVPvTzUz3N8[/youtube]

Cheers!

Hyundai i40
omfg, I wish i came for this now

/epic skinted....be there next year, looks fooking epic, thats if there is one next year

Last edited:
  LY182/NHB CTR

/epic skinted....be there next year, looks fooking epic, thats if there is one next year

Hello Sarah, told you to come and join us and yes I'll be organising it again for next year so book some leave come over mid week when its cheaper if you like you can always stay at mine.. about time you popped over to see us :p

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the replies folks - yep, it is a little narrow so it pays to be a little cautious and treat it with respect! :D

nice vids and sound of your car!
Cheers 'freak - glad you like! :cool:

Sarah, Sarah, Sarah... we tried to tell you but... :rasp:

Seriously, I hope you can come over and join us next year. You'd be more than welcome and it's about time we repaid the favours you have done for us (ooer!) :eek:

looks like you had a good time - would have come down if Id known

Not sure why you arent telling people where it is though as anyone can hire the track and Im sure they would really appreciate the advertising - its not the most well known of places. Ive been there a few times watching a mate rallying and know they appraciate every penny they can get,

heres my mate rallying there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNn1xHSJknw

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
looks like you had a good time - would have come down if Id known

Not sure why you arent telling people where it is though as anyone can hire the track and Im sure they would really appreciate the advertising

Hiya mate - yes, we had a great time thanks. :cool:

As stated before, we have an agreement with the landowner and that's not to disclose certain information. This is purely for our Club and we can't speak on behalf of anyone else or any other Club. Sure, it's not a secret location and is a well used venue, but an agreement is an agreement and we are honouring that. The landowners also happen to be friends (and a bloody good couple they are too - LOL!)

If the cash can be stumped up and guidelines/regulations are adhered to then go for it and enjoy! But be careful! :D

Cheers for the link, T. :cool: