ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy modifications argument...

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
This arguemnt could go on for ever, there is no answer it is all opinion.

Should Martin be Hung for stripping and gutting a williams?

Some will say yes.. others will say he took one of the greatest road cars and made it an even better because he didn't have to work within the constrainsts of Renault when they were designing it.

some1 stripped and gutted a williams?:mad: they shud b gutted themselves!

Sue me :lolup:

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Thought i would check this thread out, didn't have internet over the weekend.. I've sent the link to Ruth, I will see what she makes of it. She may even post a reply herself based on what you guys have said.

Tyson.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
on the track a 182cup is faster a trophy is faster on the road. the probo with the trophy is it rides too high imo.

id wager LEDA or H&R on any 182 would be equal if not better

The test you refer to had a trophy running on cold damp track, cup was run on dry track.

They have never done back to back in the same conditions.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
on the track a 182cup is faster a trophy is faster on the road. the probo with the trophy is it rides too high imo.

The test you refer to had a trophy running on cold damp track, cup was run on dry track.

different drivers also - no way was it a fair test. Having taken both on track the 182 Cup is slower!

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274

different drivers also - no way was it a fair test. Having taken both on track the 182 Cup is slower!

Back on topic: suitable mods for the Trophy are:

Brakes + Hoses
Air Filter - Personally I'd say panel over Cone
ECU
Exhaust
Carbon Bonnet - Painted Capsicum Red of course :) :approve:

133/225/CLS AMG
I'd say that if its tastful you can modify any motor!! Its up to you.

On all owners clubs there are the purists who say you shouldn't modify certain cars but its up to the owner. How it looks is all a matter of opinion anyway.

The only thing with the Clio Trophy is the chances of you bumping into another one is fairly slim so they look quite individual as they are.

106 GTi
I'd say that if its tastful you can modify any motor!! Its up to you.

On all owners clubs there are the purists who say you shouldn't modify certain cars but its up to the owner. How it looks is all a matter of opinion anyway.

The only thing with the Clio Trophy is the chances of you bumping into another one is fairly slim so they look quite individual as they are.

Agreed - First thing I would do to a Trophy is paint it another colour :quiet:

E91 M Sport
Whats the height difference between a 182 Cup and a Trophy - both look like they're on stilts as standard, can only be 10mm at most which wouldn't make any real difference. I'd bet the spring rates would affect the times much more.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
According to the specs the Trophy is 10mm lower that the 182 Cup at the front and the same height on the rear.