ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy or cup

clio 172
Hi all,

I am thinking of replacing my 172 for a 182 cup or a trophy.
Just wondered what suspension they have and od they come in any other color than red?:)

cheers
if i were in the same boat, i'd deffo be looking for a Trophy. do they command much of a premium over Cups of similar age?

Lee

BMW M2C
It depends who you talk to. A main dealer doing a trade in sees a Trophy worth around £500 more than a 182 Cup of the same age and mileage. Some see it worth exactly the same, it depends if they think they can shift it. Privately the difference is betweem £500 and £1500 looking around a bit. Again it's down to how desperate people are to sell really. Trophy prices are a little higher, but not much.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'd go for the Trophy over the 182 cup , but over both of them i'd go for the FF 182 with cup packs .

lift number 1 @ btm
don't bother with the 182 cup, it's only the 172 that was lightweight. of the two your looking at i'd go trophy all day. saying that though, i'd probably have a 172 cup over any of them.

Lee

BMW M2C
For me, having owned a Ph2 172, 182 with Cup packs and the Trophy, and driven a 172 Cup a fair bit I'd go for the 172 Cup or Trophy for the drive. Overall I found the 182 with Cup packs a better all rounder, but then I do quite a lot of miles so the softer ride made it better for that.

lift number 1 @ btm
absolutely, thats why i said go trophy. they are pretty rare too, plus there seem to be a few for sale at the moment.

J

J182sport

iv had both 172 cup and got a trophy,i love both cars both fun to drive (never driven a full fat) but the trophy just seems a bit more special! the seats are great its so fun in the corners and i liked the colour tbh you can get them with ultra low milage and they are all 2005-55reg.some are going at silly prices its realy hurting the value of these..so prob a good time to snap one up,

saying that iv seen some good price full fats on pistonheads.

clio 172
iv had both 172 cup and got a trophy,i love both cars both fun to drive (never driven a full fat) but the trophy just seems a bit more special! the seats are great its so fun in the corners and i liked the colour tbh you can get them with ultra low milage and they are all 2005-55reg.some are going at silly prices its realy hurting the value of these..so prob a good time to snap one up,

saying that iv seen some good price full fats on pistonheads.

They do look the biz, does the trophy handle any better and is it any quicker????????