ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trophy sachs damper refurb

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Cant find any recent threads on these, where is everyone having these done now and i see people mentioning upgraded parts from the twingo r1 sachs, whats all the info i need!

Mine are goosed!

Clio Trophy
did not see you make a post on the T forums asking where to refurb? and a quick search on there would have brought up plenty of results?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
did not see you make a post on the T forums asking where to refurb? and a quick search on there would have brought up plenty of results?

most of its old stuff from 2009, as I said in the first post im curious as to what modifications people are having done to them from the twingo spec dampers etc

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Simon at cornering force is the guy you want to be talking to.

that's what I wanted to hear cheers, it seemed to be mostly BM motorsport that was doing them a few years ago but now cornering force keep coming up and apparently they are a little cheaper too so was just curious as to if they were as good. Cheers Chip

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
I used Simon at Cornering Force. Brilliant service and mine have been spot on since.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Mines are currently at Ben @ BG Motorsport, There is a few reasons i went with them over cornering force even tho cornering force are slightly cheaper and with BG being the only official / Authorised sachs dealer made it an easy choice as all parts need to come from BG regardless.
My Refurb is costing me just under £900 but i am getting extra stuff done and getting the Twingo R1 Dust scrapers drilled in and fitted also.
Im sure a general service from BG is around the £500 with some postage costs onto that also.
BG have the exact same Powder matched to the OE colour and offer a fully powder coating service with new stickers add also.

As said cornering force is slightly cheaper and offer a good service also but i have read some topics on the fact that simon from cornering force is hard to get hold of and i know of 3 different people who have had there dampers fail within 6 months of being done there BUT saying that they where fixed and sorted FOC by cornering force.

Have a read of the last few pages (74 to 75) on the Trophy Forum.

http://www.cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/46019-SACHS-DAMPERS-REBUILDS/page74