ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trophy suspension - how much?

BMW 535D
ok so ive read in magazine reviews of the trophy that the sachs remote reservoir dampers are fantastic but loads more expensive than the OE items, so exactly how much r they? how good r they? and where can i get sum from??

cheers

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I don't even think renault have any in..............hens teeth!!£££££££££££

RX8 231 + New Focus CC3
they have def got them in stock for purchase, set is bout £3440 from renault or fronts £1480 and rears £450 if bought seperate. last time i checked.

but there good but there also£££.

CTR/Fabia vRS
chris_m182 said:
ok so ive read in magazine reviews of the trophy that the sachs remote reservoir dampers are fantastic but loads more expensive than the OE items, so exactly how much r they? how good r they? and where can i get sum from??

cheers

Unless your Clio is Capsicum Red they won't fit!

:D

BMW 535D
jesus christ that is expensive!! how did renault manage to make them economically viable on the trophy without pushing the price up by £££££££?!?!

think id just stick with a good set of coilovers!

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
sm_wrc said:
Better off with a set of fully adjustable coilovers. Unless you like the 4x4 look.

:D

Oi! Did the evil Steve tell you to say that? ;)

RX8 231 + New Focus CC3
plus you cant buy the seats or the suspention unless you provide them with a trophy log book to prove you own 1.

not sure bout the seats thing cause they have a recaro option in normal 1*2's???
Renault will make there rules lol

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
chris_m182 said:
jesus christ that is expensive!! how did renault manage to make them economically viable on the trophy without pushing the price up by £££££££?!?!

think id just stick with a good set of coilovers!

Dont forget they also had £1300 of Recaro seats & subframes in them too, so all in all it makes the £13k-14k that most people paid for them new look like a bit of a bargain.

BMW 535D
Nik said:
Dont forget they also had £1300 of Recaro seats & subframes in them too, so all in all it makes the £13k-14k that most people paid for them new look like a bit of a bargain.

thats not a bargain mate, its a bloody steal!!!

Turbos.
I have recently helped a mate fit some Ohlins dampers to his race Clio, they are better than the Sachs ones and about the same price. Worth investigating if you have the money to waste.

Ad

MK2 FRS
also they use uncupped hubs, so a little more trickier to retro fit. H&R is the way forward for non trophy 182s.

CTR--VX220D
So are they 2 way or 3 way units???

I'd go Nitrons if they made them for the Clio. Do Ohlins supply the Clio Cup Racers?

there are other shocks out there that will do the same job for not much money.

iirc the trophys also use eibach springs? (i could be wrong)

Turbos.
christurbo said:
So are they 2 way or 3 way units???

I'd go Nitrons if they made them for the Clio. Do Ohlins supply the Clio Cup Racers?

Not sure, but i spoke to Plans before and they said they could source Ohlins...plus the Super 1600s run them.

Nitrons are v.good considering its a few men in a shed, have them on the NSX, but Ohlins are that bit better!

fUbAr said:
there are other shocks out there that will do the same job for not much money.

iirc the trophys also use eibach springs? (i could be wrong)

Eibach as standard.

Here's a pic of mine;
EibachfrontTrophysprings.jpg

RX8 231 + New Focus CC3
i dont think they do???

Will have to look into that. dont think it says on they springs.

the trophy handles great but if there are equall performing shocks that cost a tenth or whateva to the sachs then whats the point???

surely the sachs would have the edge somewhere over budjet kits??? wouldn't they? :)

RX8 231 + New Focus CC3
7MAT said:
Eibach as standard.

Here's a pic of mine;
EibachfrontTrophysprings.jpg

^^^^^^^Nope not having it, they can't be your standard springs cause the standard ones come in black and dont say eibach on them

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
R( )YLE said:
^^^^^^^Nope not having it, they can't be your standard springs cause the standard ones come in black and dont say eibach on them

Errm, no, they are yellow and made by Eibach. The springs Mat has posted are the originals from the Trophy front shocks, here are mine:

trophyshocks2.jpg

106 GTi
R( )YLE said:

Standard 182 Trophy Springs are yellow on the ones I have seen

35P6240044.jpg

RX8 231 + New Focus CC3
front yellow (panic over) rear black (still worried) and (now not pheww)

soz mat just saying what i see lol

could have unlessed a complaint :S

Last edited:

Ad

MK2 FRS
R( )YLE said:
surely the sachs would have the edge somewhere over budjet kits??? wouldn't they? :)

they are over priced and made it limited numbers hence the development costs are high and that is split across the expect sale of units.

Also the sachs are a little more road orientated that the H&R.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
R( )YLE said:
they have def got them in stock for purchase, set is bout £3440 from renault or fronts £1480 and rears £450 if bought seperate. last time i checked.

You didn't pass maths at school did you? ;) How the f**k does 1480 + 450 equal 3440? Okay I take that back as it may be Renault who didn't pass maths.

I had Mark Fish knock up some competition springs for me, dropped the Trophy 10mm front and back.

The pics are the original springs taken from my car.

Here's a pic my lowered Trophy. Made a nice improvement and got rid of the 4x4 look.

10mmdrop.jpg

modifiedfrontcamber.jpg

MarkFishworkshop.jpg

R( )YLE said:

fuckin hell thats pricey

7MAT said:
I had Mark Fish knock up some competition springs for me, dropped the Trophy 10mm front and back.

Here's a pic my lowered Trophy. Made a nice improvement and got rid of the 4x4 look.

10mmdrop.jpg

modifiedfrontcamber.jpg

MarkFishworkshop.jpg

that looks soo good!! :):)

RX8 231 + New Focus CC3
polarbert said:
You didn't pass maths at school did you? ;) How the f**k does 1480 + 450 equal 3440? Okay I take that back as it may be Renault who didn't pass maths.

1480 per damper as in x2 of them = 2960

u can buy them as a full set or individual. those prices are from arnold shark...:rasp:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
7MAT said:

10mmdrop.jpg

modifiedfrontcamber.jpg

MarkFishworkshop.jpg

that looks soo good!! :):)

still cant help thinking that the rear needs another 10mm drop?

M

M7CUO_V6

^^ Your probably right but you have to compomise between road handling and looks dont you.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
hmmm, cant see another 10mm making any diference on the rear tbh

but then i'm not a chassis engineer lol

Weeman sucks ****
^^ Your probably right but you have to compomise between road handling and looks dont you.

lmao @ that statement.

my cups on the floor and rides better than the standard. use good shocks and springs and they're no bother.

go figure...