ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy with an Induction Kit

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Before you all start slating me the reason i have this fitted to my car is down to the fact that Powertec have no high quality images to be able to put on the instructions. As i work for ESP Design i was approached by Powertec and given the kit for free.

TBH It sounds the nuts, and it does seem to pull alot more in the low range, mid range seems to be about the same but i have noticed that around the 6k mark the engine seems to be a little sluggish.

I have said that i will keep the kit on for the next few weeks just so i can give them feed back on any issues that may occur. The first one is the fact that it does move about a bit even with the bracket firmly in place.

But hey it cost me nothing and it makes people look around when i boot the car in 2nd and 3rd LOL

Attachments

• DSC01416.JPG
    DSC01416.JPG
    423.4 KB · Views: 411
  • DSC01415.JPG
    DSC01415.JPG
    471.2 KB · Views: 528
  Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Like I said it is pulling a hell of alot in the low down range, mid range is still the same, its at the top end that there is a very slight difference. TBH i have never really been one for the Induction kit argument, i actually have a K&N Panel filter that has been fitted to the car from the min i picked it up.

IMOA The panel filter actualls makes a bigger difference in terms of the tourque, but you lose the sound that you get with the IK.

IMHO i would put the original back on and get a panel filter or a viper or similar just think of all that hot air under the bonnet its using that doesn't help with performance :nono:

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
I have a panel filter that has been in the car since new, Vipers are not worth the money we had two Zetec S at work one with a Viper and the other with the standard airbox and a K&N fitted, the one with the K&N Actually had better overall figures when put on the rollers, and it was much more drivable.

What you cant see from the pictures is the fact that i have used some ducting below the kit to allow more cold air to flow through the engine area.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Panel i'd imagine. cant compare the two zetec's...totally diff car one could be good one bad...

if noise is what u want fair play.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
A cup racer is totally different, if you look uder the bonnet of a cup racer you will see that they have more room ot be able to relocate the induction kit away from the hot engine, plus the air flow that is directed into a race car is much higher than that of a standard road car due to the speeds involved, most road cars will be driven in and around towns, in traffic, and on the occasion that they do go out on the open road issues such as headlamps, and sound proofing will effect the way in which the air is ducted to the filter.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
The cup racers have the advantage of using the headlight moulding for a proper air intake, and as Steve said can be located further away from the engine because of the battery relocation etc..

DSC00028.JPG

Having said that, this one looks to be using the standard phase 1 172 airbox anyway. Probably as its a UK clio cup racer, the one above is a european one:

DSC00722.JPG

P.S. Where've you been Steve! :D

Last edited:
  Lionel Richie
MarkCup said:
Those brakes on the Cup racer look standard?

Don't they run uprated sets then?

then run the same setup as our track kit

std calipers, PF97pads, goodridge lines, BREMBO discs available from, yes you guessed it, Yozzasport!!!

Golf GTI 1.8T
Looks nice steve, you will have to give me a demo asap! Never seen your car so filthy mate lol

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
NIK i have been really busy recently so have struggled to get onto the forums, its only because i had a week off that i have been able to sort things out LOL.

No the Trophy's dont come with an engine cover, which is a bit of a shame but never mind.

Mitch anytime just give me a bell

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
oh, ill stick to that then, but if i wanted a bit more noise which 1 with not loosing to much power

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
answer mien lol

"oh, ill stick to that then, but if i wanted a bit more noise which 1 with not loosing to much power"

E91 M Sport
ben_p said:
oh, ill stick to that then, but if i wanted a bit more noise which 1 with not loosing to much power

For great noise and no loss of power, go for a BMC CDA. Its cheaper and easily as good as a Viper (I reckon better, but thats my opinion).

The cold air feed that comes with it is a bit ott and difficult to install, but the CDA is great!

Golf GTI 1.8T
Sorry to steal your thread, but what can I use as a heat sheild for this hot air muncher? I want to lay some sort of heat protective material round it and gonna get some 4" duct pipe from work for it cause she gets might hot down there!
KN.jpg

Golf GTI 1.8T
Would love to but its only a 1.4 and I dont think I can get a relocation pipe for mine as there is no space and it is hot anywhere in there.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lagerlout1 said:
best thing to do would be to get some sort of relocation pipe imho.

What you really want is one of these... ;-)

P1010250.jpg

Where did you put the crankcase Breather?

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
I do like the look of the ITG Kit, TBH i was thinking of putting one of them on at a later date. First things first i will be buying some Samco hosing to get rid of the crappy Renault stuff.

IMHO I do prefer the car with the panel filter fitted, it does feel alot more responsive right across the range unlike the IK which pulls better low down and in the mid range. What i would really like to do is put both the Panel filter and the IK on test at a RR Day such as GDI up and coming one, just to see what difference it would make. I pretty much know what the results will be, but it is always nice to have a piece of paper to show you.

VaVa
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
Where did you put the crankcase Breather?

It's connected to the crank case breather pipe on the silicone elbow. lol.

The ITG kit is expensive, but it's totally complete.