ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trouble starting and then strange knockin

Had a worrying incident yesterday and wondered if this has ever happened to anyone else on here...... had been driving on m25 for some fifty miles or so and then got home. left my car outside for about an hour and then went to start it.... turned the key and then the engine tried to start but failed.... turned again...same thing happened....then again and the thing fired up.... i quickly gave it a rev however as it came back down to idle it cut out !!!..... same thing happened again once and then finally i got it to stay idling... trouble was, I could here a funny rattly knocking noise coming from the right front under the bonnet!!!! anyway... managed to get on the road and after about fifty feet or so the knocking sound had gone and things seemed back to normal...( though if im honest it did feel slightly less responsive than Im used to!!) I did then drive another 75 miles, mostly motorway and all was well!! Should I be worried....? Thought it might be something to do with the temperature as it was fooking hot yesterday. Only other unusual thing was I put Texaco super unleaded in it as opposed to its usual fill of optimax!!

Would be interested to hear peoples views!!:confused:

Mine does this from time to time, other people on here say the same, it happens in humid weather if Ive driven it for a short time, stop and then re start....the rattly knocking noise is not good....keep an eye on it 172s are prone to need the tensioner belts replacing

Meg on pistonheads £6995

oh bollox

Trouble starting and then strange knockin

thought you were on about illicit affairs behind closed doors!

Unfortunatley no illicit affairs here!!!!LOL!

As for the Belts, The car has only done 2800 miles or so..... surely these wouldnt have loosened??