ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trouble with my car, knocking noise.

RenaultSport clio 17
When i accelerate hard, I get a strange noise from the front of the car. Can anyone tell me what it is as i'm useless with cars. :(

www.renparts.co.uk
Probably your engine mount.. Your not under warranty so im not sure how much these cost.. it can be any of 3 as far as i know.

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
I had it on mine. THe engine was banging on the bulk head under hard acceleration in 1st and 2nd gear.
I took advice off one of the sticky threads on the mechanical forum and it fixed mine. Just got it up on the ramp undid the bottom engine mount used a bottle jack between the front bottom cross member and the sump and just jacked it carefully as far as comfortable. Tightened the bottom mount back up and bobs your uncle.

I've had a look for the sticky thread on the mechanicasl forum but it appears to have gone / been moved.
Anyone any idea where its gone. It had pictures of all the steps you need to do.

Good Luck
Rob

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
the above only applie to the mk2 phase 1 172, if you have a phase 2 (cup shape) my engine banging was sorted by new dog bone mounts from k-tec, and moving the mount on the drivers side wing as far forward as possible

cured.

*just seen you have a mk 2 phase 1*