ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TrueBlue*182* 's RB

RB 182
Well after been a registered member on 106oc since 07, i quickly came apparent that trying to find a good condition Gti for sale where the seller wasn't from cook-coo land was nye on impossible..

So after some slight deliberation as to do i look at the 182's or the Fiesta St's.. Both were on the hit List

Then i was down to colour, In the clio i was only really attracted to them in Racing/Gordini Blue (and i had said to a mate at Trax 11, next year i'll have one of them jokingly), or The St in Red on white wheels..

Having looked at the net for some hours it looked like the St would be ruled out as all the red ones were £4000>.. So i truddled down to the local Renault dealer to test drive a very over priced Inferno,

Never the less when id been out in it i was definitely sold on the 182, but id made the search slightly hard for myself now as it had to come with half leathers and climate.. (talk about narrowing it down..:))

Well luckily for me it was a buyers market time of year, and this popped up on PH..

ca5d30c7.jpg

3f25e7fc.jpg

842a4f5f.jpg

Priced at £2795..

With it been a fair way from me but only 35 miles for my old mans gaff, i went down straight after work that Saturday night and went to view on the Sunday.. And apart from a few very minor issue's (cracked n/s driving light, scuffed n/s alloy, bobbling wheel and the slightest of wear on the drivers seat) a offer of £2300 was made.. and rejected.. with a counter of £2400, i instantly snapped his arm off and said thank you very much you've just sold yor car.. :D

Updates at the moment will be few and far between but there's a bit more longtivity in this car than a gti so they'll be plenty of time for things to come in the future...

435D X-Drive
Thats very nice mate I love this colour.

It looks rather low to me, do you know what it has been lowered on?

Also a very good price you got there.

RB 182
Nice buy, how many miles had it done? I'm off to pick mine up tomorrow hopefully!

It's on 95k, and had the cambelt,six and dephaser done at 69k with numerous stamps in the book for regular services as well so from what can be seen a solid engine all in all..

What are you getting??
Thats very nice mate I love this colour.

It looks rather low to me, do you know what it has been lowered on?

Also a very good price you got there.

Iirc the seller said it was in eibach springs, and although it looks low I've not any speed bump problems so it's probably just right, although it could do with matching dampers as the springs do make it a very stiff drive, so there in the cards I think..

RB 182
I saw this for sale and was very tempted!

All I can say is I'm glad you didn't.. :) as I'm sure you'd have bought it..

Looks good mate 106 gtis are always so highly priced. Nice buy you got there I love RB

Yeah they are overpriced, and considering what you get in a Clio toys wise there Barry basic, which is kind of half the fun but you can't beat a bit of comfort either..

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
thats never on eibachs, more like apex. nice colour was never a fan of them when buying mine about 20months ago now, now i bloody love the colour, typical.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Nice car! Defiantly not on eibachs unless its been changed after those pics where taken. That's very cheap though, I could of sold my 172 for 3k lol.

RB 182
thats never on eibachs, more like apex. nice colour was never a fan of them when buying mine about 20months ago now, now i bloody love the colour, typical.

You may well be right with the apex, tbh I wasn't paying that much attention to it as it fails as a suspension package due to it been to crashy, so it's getting changed regardless when I can afford it..

Any suggestions??

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
You may well be right with the apex, tbh I wasn't paying that much attention to it as it fails as a suspension package due to it been to crashy, so it's getting changed regardless when I can afford it..

Any suggestions??

yes eibach sportlines bud, they wont be as low as that so if you can get over the looks and prefer the way it drives they are brilliant just goen from apex to sportlines myself and added a rear arb and now is like a little go kart.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

Any suggestions??

Sounds like apex then :p

RB 182
They are Apex. I did warn you they were crashy !!!

It's no problem mate, I knew they were when I bought it, just even more apparent on the roads around here..

As like I said I'll be looking into something for it in the future, and if it's the only main fault I can criticise it on it's only a minor issue to be fair.. :) other than that as I'm sure your aware I'm stoked with it..

BG182FF
great example there mate, welcome and hope to see you around a52 roads :p and boston as im always there too

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Wow that seams like a good buy and one if the best colours. Enjoy it and it's so so much better than a ST!!!!

RB 182
Thanks guys for the good comments..Yeah I am definitely pleased I knocked the ST idea on the head, and this came up for sale..Once the summer lads holidays all paid for the first two things in the list are coilovers and a colour sand dependant on paint thickness..

RB 182
Well time for a update.. :)

In between have so little shite key down the side if the car, I've been busy getting a few bits.

Been a bit of a carbon fibre ***** the first purchase was a engine cover,

127fa300.jpg

And although there is slight damage I got a partial refund of the seller as he listed it as perfect condition.. So a bit of a result on that one..

Next up was a load of detailing products (pics to follow) but list consists of.

DAS6 DA polisher
X3 different grade hex logic pads
Auto Glym HD Wax kit
Blue tape for vinyl protection
X2 packs of Ironx soap gel
Britemax black polishing compound
Super finish polishing compound

Very impressed with the cost and saving from I4D and I'm sure I shall be buying more, just need to get a cleanser after reading Gally's thread about them and the key Mark sorted and it should be looking mint again. :)

Clio 182
Nice car and (too)low prices in England.

In the Netherlands they will cost you between £7000 en £8000!
There are only 52 phase3 Clio's in the Netherlands and only TWO in Racing Blue!!
We can't buy one in England because you make them wrong. Steering wheel at the wrong site.
:nono:

RB 182
Well after very few updates and the only purchases been cleaning products, i though id better show how there having an effect, instead of the bolt on b****cks instead..

So heres a few snaps from Thursday after a good few hours cleaning..
8ba46ba3.jpg

c783d90a.jpg

0210f622.jpg

44ebf975.jpg

Not really many exciting places around here for photos, but i did try and find better backdrops for a change.. :)