ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trust in this club...

Suzuki SV650
Sometime in the middle of last year, I replied to a post from a certain member whom was asking if anyone had a spare 172 front shock & spring so he could get his 172 sorted and back on the road. He himself had aftermarket suspension and one of his shocks needed to be sent back to be replaced, in the meantime he needed a shock to get his car through its mot or whatever it was... I had my shocks & springs and bits lying in the garage so I thought why not do this guy a favour and lend him what he needs.

I contacted this guy through PM, text and eventually after speaking to him on the phone I sent out the shock. We agreed that he'd pay all postage costs at a minimum, and he'd put the funds into my bank account (of which I provided the sort code and ac number).

The shock & spring was sent out in summer last year, and before I sent it I made sure that he knew that I'd be going away travelling in a few months time, in late Sep 2005. He was fully aware of this and I was pretty certain that I'd get my shock back in time, but I never did.

I dropped him the occasional PM or text message, and rang him a few times but never got a response. I even drove down to Essex to visit some family and I called him that day to see if I could come and pick up the shock myself. No answer..

I went away travelling on the 30th of Sept. I always left euge with a return address for the shock. He once sent me a text or a PM I can't remember which, asking me if I'd received any recent previous PM's, but I hadn't, I'm fairly certain that even if a PM didn't get through, he could still have called me to explain what was going on.

Now its January 2006, about half a year after I first sent out a shock to help out a fellow CS member. It wasn't like I was sending it out to a total stranger, euge was someone who I'd seen post on the forum a fair bit, and attended meets, so I thought nothing could really go wrong! My car is currently going through its MoT, and its still got its FK coilovers on, I'm hoping to sell this car soon as I need the money in my bank account whilst I'm away, not depreciating on a driveway somewhere. Its going to be easier to sell the car as standard, and I'm just about out of ideas with what to do...

Eugegall, if you are reading this, please could you return the shock & spring. You have the address, if you don't, then here it is again;

Gearbox (Melton) Ltd
36-42, Thorpe End,
Melton Mowbray,
Leicestershire LE13 1RB

Tel: 01664 562393

Anyone else reading this, think carefully before helping out someone on these forums who you've never met before.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
If you have his address I would go and visit him, Its alot harder to ingone someone on your doorstep.

172 Cup
Just to confirm the admins and mods are aware of this and Stevie P asked me to read through his post before he made it public.

Obviously as admins/mods we are concerned so we would encourage Eugegall to co-operate in the full.

Suzuki SV650
Sorry, I might have forgotton to point out that I'm still travelling, I'm in Sydney, and am roughly 12,500km away from the UK... So I can't plan any doorstep visits I'm afraid. I'm not coming back home for several months anyway, my friends parents are sorting out my car for me and they have enough on their plate without having to go visit someone in East Anglia (or wherever it is) to go get a shock absorber back for me...

(...plus the weather I hear is really s**t back home, and Aussie chicks are hot like yer wouldn't believe....)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
steve if it helps im after 172 coilovers and i could fit your shocks and springs (my stock ones) and give you money for the coils, iw ill fit them all for free, and travel if needed?

Ph1 172 / Ph1 Valver
That sucks! Do you have his phone number? Ther might be a proper reason, something might have happened to the guy. If not then harsh! Not the behaviour you'd expect from someone in a club! If you still have the address you could get the landline number and check he's still there?

clio 182 black /gold
We need a cs meet in the area and have a knock on his door and in turn we all give him a slap.

Cam

182 Cup
His last activity was at half 3 today and his avatar says 'NO SPORT ANYMORE' oooo eerrrrrr

Ad

MK2 FRS
I only ever trust people Ive met tbh, sounds a bit cautious, but the only way for knowing for sure!!

172 Cup
Just to expand Eugegall is a very active current member on here.

As a mod I cannot say who is telling the truth or not, I can merely do my best to help find a amicable conclusion to this.

Golf R/Leon FR
read about this before in the sale section
i hope he comes forward and explains why he hasnt given the spring back, and gets it back to you asap. is shocking if he doesnt!!

Clio 172 mk2
Sorry to hear this news....I had some trouble with a member on another forum regarding parts & money but I'd never met the guy.

Hope you can track him down

Burgandy 174 sport t
aint he tryin to sell a car on here at the mo? surely that should be locked until this is resolved.

Truely shocking....

Sorry had to say that!

Hope you get it sorted mate, not the way to treat someone that does you a favour

172 Cup
Big Iain said:
aint he tryin to sell a car on here at the mo? surely that should be locked until this is resolved.

That thread was removed anyway for a seperate reason.

StevieP - this rings a bell! Check your PM. I do have a spare set of MK2 172 shocks and springs kicking around which you can have cheap if you want. Drop me a message if interested.

172 Cup
I think he'd prefer his own back but seeing as Euegall no longer has the car (possibly sold it with part in place!?!?) he may be interested in these to send to StevieP.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
im going through the same problem mate with someone on here!!! there are only a select few on here that i trust, hope you get it sorted out mate

MINI JCW
its a shame that a few people ruin it foe everyone, 99% of people are honest people but becuase of the 1% everyone has to be careful and in the future this is going to make people relucant to help other like in this case

LY V6 with Recaros
Thats really harsh, hope it all gets sorted, not something you really expect to happen on here, especially after you did him a favour

182BG
it really annoys me when people do things like this, gives CS a bad name!

I think you should get someone to go to his house and get it back, or have a huge convoy up there, see whats he thinks when a few hundred cd members turn up on his door step ;)

seriously hope you get this sorted mate

Lee

Clio 182
Cant believe his behaviour !! Sorry but I beleive there is an element of trust when you sign up to a club amongst all members. I'd be willing to help anyone in this club as I beleive anyone here would help me back if I needed it Even if I had'nt met them. We are all here with the same interests, so why tarnish it and ruining for the honest people here? Even worse is that he is still posting and probably reading this thread. Showing his guilt by not posting a reply. Its theft in my eyes !! Next meet outside his house I think.

this reminds me of that american 4x4 thread where things went too far...anyone remember??

hope it gets sorted out...(hope the parts havnt been sold on) thats just wrong

Golf GTD
bang out of order really, and it's looking worse with him not defneding his case (if he has one)

Hope you are going to check out Melbourne mate, if you do, say hello to some girlies i met out there a couple of years back ;)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Even if he would come in here and say look im sorry ive sold the shock on the car so stevieP can get hold of another one or atleast offer him the cash to buy another one!

The 172 is sold... along with your parts :(

He bought a Trophy but had to sell for financial reasons IIRC.

Hope you can resolve this issue.

RS Clio 172
StevieP said:
Sorry, I might have forgotton to point out that I'm still travelling, I'm in Sydney, and am roughly 12,500km away from the UK... So I can't plan any doorstep visits I'm afraid. I'm not coming back home for several months anyway, my friends parents are sorting out my car for me and they have enough on their plate without having to go visit someone in East Anglia (or wherever it is) to go get a shock absorber back for me...

(...plus the weather I hear is really sh*t back home, and Aussie chicks are hot like yer wouldn't believe....)
hey Stevie P, this is off topic, but have you been in contact with ozrenaultsport.com during your stay in australia. there are a number of rsc owners in sydney that frequent the site. join up :)

ps i'm from melbourne

e.sport

sorry to hear of your troubles :-(

172 Cup
Taken from a recent post.

eugegall
ClioSport Club Member

Car: NO SPORT ANYMORE

Re: I only asked a question.....
07795423319 pass him my number