ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tune_R Motorsport Tricolore Trophy Class F 172 for 2016.

They're not solid and contain no spherical bearings they're still damped and bushing materials are allowed to be swapped for polyurethane. Doesn't say anything at all in the regs specially for engine/gearbox mounts and it's not like it's a performance improvement, it's a reliability improvement, they're actually heavier than standard too. Standard mounts don't last 2 minutes on a road car never mind a race car.
Russ

I totally agree mate, and an glad they are, when we was doing Paul's production clio last season, these was never fitted as "we" thought they were classed as solid.

Builds coming on great Though.

Are the 182 hubs the same as the 172 cup hubs though?

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
kind of, i looked at maybe making some for mine 182 non cup but the collar is too long for the 10mm spacers to turn a recess in the spacer to fit over it without cutting it down.

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
That's not confirmed though is it? It's only an advisory reg currently, tow hooks on both sides of the car etc? I looked for the type mentioned by the msa but could see anybody selling them so will cross that bridge when the reg is enforced.
Russ

Russ, did you know the regs are changing for next year regarding tow straps?
I'm going to change mine now while cars in bits.

All looking good though.....

Renault 5 gt turbo
That's not confirmed though is it? It's only an advisory reg currently, tow hooks on both sides of the car etc? I looked for the type mentioned by the msa but could see anybody selling them so will cross that bridge when the reg is enforced.
Russ
From what I read, the webbed tow straps are to be banned for 2017. I could be wrong though......
I got mine off Ebay. Like you say worry about it when/if its enforced.

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Got the car back with its cage fitted, it does need to come back out to paint the inside next week but all the welding is done including the harness plates.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455482470.867264.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455482498.599538.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455482515.877932.jpg

I'll get it out tomorrow and give it all a clean up and stock some primer on the bare metal. Removed the rest of the brackets too.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455482630.657659.jpg

Just have a couple of small pieces of sound deadening to remove and it's ready to paint.

Managed to make a blank for the radio hole in the dash as well to house the electric extinguisher box and internal button + the controls for the battery cut off.
Russ
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455482893.324453.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455482952.549398.jpg

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Have had the car back for a few weeks from paint but been too busy to do anything with it.
Was supposed to be spectating at the opening round of the Tricolore Trophy yesterday at Snetterton but my new van decided to blow its self up on the A64 just outside York.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459143177.346984.jpg

Unconfirmed atm but it's not looking good, can't fault AA recovery for the van and trailer back to Carlisle. Was supposed to be dropping a shell off at Snet as well hence the trailer.

Anyway, thought I'd cheer myself up by getting some jobs done on the 172 seen as its all painted.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459143330.827096.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459143349.675482.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459143365.758838.jpg

Got the dash put back in top and bottom and started refitting the cage. So much easier to fit than the 197 one.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459143487.866499.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459143507.449539.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459143542.866210.jpg

Just got all the bolts to torque up and the 2 sleeves on the tunnel brace to drill and bolt and it's done.
Should hopefully get part of the car wrapped today too so we're getting there, oh and I've bought another Honda too, more details on that coming soon!
Russ

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Got a fair bit done, bonnet, boot, roof, both front wings and drivers door.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459170025.226074.jpg

Also wrapped all the blue 'Cup' trim inside. Both dash strips and the instrument cluster trim.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459170208.101854.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459170191.870975.jpg

Just on with finishing inside now and will get the rest wrapped this week when my mate, read professional, is back to help!
Russ

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Got the seat, subframe and harness fitted before I called it a day.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459196512.327657.jpg

Jobs for tomorrow are fit passenger side subframe, bolt down extinguisher and finish plumbing. Will try and get the wiring routed and the dash panel fitted one night as well.
Russ

Looks very neat mate! Good work being able to do 2 customer cars and keep them updated at the same time!

On another note, you don't sell custom looms do you or make to sell?
Cheers

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Finished wrapping
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459718525.764836.jpg

Need to get the side trims, handles and mirror backs painted and refitted.

Got the extinguisher mounted and plumbed, just got some of the wiring to finish.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459718699.292768.jpg

I'm currently fitting the exhaust, I'd forgot what an absolute sh1t job that is with a 172 manifold, if I ever find the person that designed that they're in trouble! I did manage to fit a new set of genuine injectors, plugs and lambda sensor along with a set of magnecor leads I had from my other car.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459718907.422878.jpg

We're getting there in between other stuff, I'm away with work this week so no updates I'm afraid.
Russ

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Not a lot to report, in the process of painting my side trims and door handles matt black.
Got the mirrors done and fitted.
72f4974059781ee0a5ae5936607127b6.jpg

Been too busy sorting a few jobs on the Trophy today.
cbcaa3e7a01a7daa9712d94728b472ae.jpg

See HERE for more info.

Thinking of changing the spec of this car slightly and putting some decent suspension on and a couple of little inexpensive bits that'll make it Class E in Tricolore Trophy but will make it more competitive in a lot of other series I've been looking at. Really not impressed by the Track attack club this year, the series has gone backwards forcing a lot of drivers to look at racing elsewhere including me, it's a shame but that's life.
Russ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Not a lot to report, in the process of painting my side trims and door handles matt black.
Got the mirrors done and fitted.
72f4974059781ee0a5ae5936607127b6.jpg

Been too busy sorting a few jobs on the Trophy today.
cbcaa3e7a01a7daa9712d94728b472ae.jpg

See HERE for more info.

Thinking of changing the spec of this car slightly and putting some decent suspension on and a couple of little inexpensive bits that'll make it Class E in Tricolore Trophy but will make it more competitive in a lot of other series I've been looking at. Really not impressed by the Track attack club this year, the series has gone backwards forcing a lot of drivers to look at racing elsewhere including me, it's a shame but that's life.
Russ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi mate.. looking good!.. what other championships have you been looking at?.. I was thinking of tricalore, but probably going to go down the route of the trackday championship now as going half with a mate and the tracktime for the money is great and the championship is growing with some decent bhp/tonne classes

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Clio 172 & BMW 335D
@Tomotek is that the MSV Trackday trophy you have been looking at? I have looked at this and they seem to have a good calendar for a very competitive price. 30 qualify and 45 min race which is split between 2 drivers
@Russ Rallye have you looked at this too?

Clio 172 & BMW 335D
Yeah, thats the one.. got a few friends who already race in it.. been to quite a few rounds and looks alright!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
I like how it's bhp that determines the class, do you know what class your mates are in? I presume with my clip I would fall in either class B or MsVT hot hatch...

WRX
Went to see my first CTCRC Pre 05 race at Rockingham yesterday Russ. Can't wait to get out at Donny now.

WRX
Yes mate, due to budget I went for AVOs and PMS brace and top mounts. Job done. Apart from a fresh engine of course.

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
So car is currently in limbo waiting for some new suspension after removing the unused Cup dampers and cooksport and sending them off to @Ills
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460927695.258733.jpg

Managed to find a spare set of front shocks and springs to keep it mobile. While swapping it all around I put the PMS front wheel spacers and stud kit on.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460927487.251227.jpg

Fitted my Evol lower engine mount and PMS shifter kit then fitted the rest of my PMS exhaust off my old car with new 172 specific front pipe. Got the bumper cut out to suit and doesn't look too bad.
Russ
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460927643.380059.jpg

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Oh and the van is properly dead, turns out it's not an injector fault, suspect one of the Pistons is cracked/holed and the cylinder is full of oil. Common issue apparently, new motor required.
Russ

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Shame about the van Russ.
Interesting that you say TT has gone backwards?
Imo it has, last year the series looked set to carry on growing into 2016 and I couldn't tell enough people about the series. Cue 2016 and the calendar is poor, there's caos regarding race weekends and the introduction of 'invitation' races on different days, we've had mixed grids again and the numbers are down due imo to everything I've just mentioned. To top that to then get the most patronising letter from Steve I've ever read in my life regarding costs and his finances just shows why the series will never be successful under him/TARC. I could not care less about his financal constraints, how much money he might lose etc! I personally know a handful of regular racers that have no interest in racing with the club anymore and that's partly to do with Steve and the lack of organisation/communication, he hasn't even sent everyone the series decals and it's the second race of the season this weekend! That's never happened with any other club/series I've raced in and when you've coughed up one of the most expensive registration and race fees across all clubs it's unacceptable, especially when there's a multitude of othe series happy to welcome drivers with open arms.
Russ

182cup & 172 racecar
I agree with some bits, esp about Steve.
But the rest is not down to us. Date changes, circuit choices etc.
Invatation races were incase people couldn't race on a Sunday, so they would have a choice.