ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tuner list stereo?

Clio 182 FF
Does anyone know how you figure out which type of stereo came with the car originally? When I bought mine a year ago it had an update list head unit with the display on the stereo not the dashboard, and the stalk controls don't work and no where to connect them on the stereo. So I figure I need a tuner list unit but now I see there's 2 types of them, with the LCD display either on the unit or the dashboard. Any ideas?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
No idea, but I've got a tuner list stereo I don't need.

What model is your car?

Clio 182 FF
It's 55 plate 182. Where about are you? Maybe I could just try it first, if it works in mine then we can take it from there?

Clio 182 FF
Yeah, bit of a hike that! I'll hang on for a bit, see if anyone else comes up with any ideas. Might get back in touch later though if that's ok. Out of interest, is the stereo in good condition and how much would you want for it?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
@Steve4130
If yours is a 55 plate it will be an update list stereo.
You can't fit a tuner list to the later mk2 clios as its a different wiring loom.
You need to make sure the small yellow wiring block is plugged in also otherwise it will never work as this allow the top screen and hand controls to work and lets you put the code in - just plugging the 2 main plugs in will only light it up.

Clio 182 FF
I've got an update list stereo in now with the display on the stereo not the dash board. The yellow block won't fit into the back even though there is a connection that looks like it should. Do you think I need an update list without an LCD display on the front?
20190117_181310.jpg

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
If you have an update stereo with display on the stereo it doesn't sound like a Clio one and hence your issue (and the yellow block not fitting).

Clio 182 FF
If you have an update stereo with display on the stereo it doesn't sound like a Clio one and hence your issue (and the yellow block not fitting).
Any idea what the purple one does? I figured that was the LCD display, and the yellow is the stalk controls. Does that sound right?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
No idea what the purple block is mate - does everything else work okay? Come from the hazard button area maybe?

The yellow block is for top lcd display and stalk controller.