ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tuning for severe performance.. part1.

williams and trophy

joe mate i think i gotta disagree with the theory lol
eg...... my old valver
i always run down the strip with 3/4 full tank of juice spare wheel and all seats still in
the valver ran consistent 16.1-3s with zorst n filter mods and on 16s, with 122 bhp at wheels (i reckon about140ish at fly.)
my williams as standard with all same petrol etc. running (alledgedly) 150 which i reckon is about 130 ish at wheels .......... and the best bit lol ........ it runs consistently 1 second quicker than the valver........ sure there is a bit less weight in the willy but surely not enuff to make it 30 bhp quicker than the valver is there????????
cheers
jon

give me the times you actually acheived to 1/10 th of a second, and the weights of the cars.

your power figures seem WAY out.

150 flywheel = about 114 @ wheels
140 flywheel= about 106.4 @ wheels

122@wheels= 160 @fly (I really would be very surprised if your vavler had anywhere near that..)

Have you a rolling road plot I can see ?.

Joe

oh, sorry 2live, I forgot to add.. this is NOT my theory.. its based on fact.

to improve the times ON THE SAME CAR you need to increase bhp by the factors in the first post (Percent variation) or decrease weight..

the gearing of the williams is more favourable on the 1/4 mile.

you cannot compare car to car accurately, but you can compare the results to accurate changes you would have to make to improve that specific car.

Joe

williams and trophy

well the cars were both standard so weights will be as quoted by reno prob lol
as for times do u want 60 ft times and evrything??? or just final times and speeds cos i got nearly all my old slips off both york and pod strips for both cars
cheers
jon
btw if you going to the northern r/r day then ill see you there and hopefully sort out the right losses through transmission cos ive been told between 12 and 15% for fwd cars is this right?????? of course that all depends on which r/r you go to i know lol some quotes for this loss are ridiculous lol

Hi M8, more like 24% overall.

and yes, I will certainly be at the northern rr day..

will bring along a turbo conversion (Not fitted lol) and turbo modded engine to discuss.

Joe

BMW 320d Sport

So the question is then Joe, regardless of whether you get the mods done soon, when are you coming quarter miling and see how your theory works out in practice?