ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

206info day out at RS Tuning... We need your feed back

BG182®
*Written by DaveGeorge over at 206info.co.uk*

Well today was the day of the much anticipated Rolling Road meet at RStuning in Leeds, Hope you enjoy the write up and pics, i think its fair to say a good day was had by all!

The day started early ahead of a 7am meet at the Junc 25 M1 services where i was meeting up with Kitty and Antix who had both travelled from Birmingham, we were also meeting Chi, gti180lover, dillon17 and WilliE who like complete mad men had travelled up from London at stupid oclock to make the 9.30 start - top marks there i think!

There was a nice 7 car convoy from Nottingham to Leeds, somehow we missed the meet up with djwizard and b206 at junc 28 - i think Chi might know about this... - sorry about that one guys! Arriving at Leeds for 9.30 bang on time
icon_wink.gif

A couple of folk were already there - i cant remember exactly who as it seems so long ago now! - and from that point on it seemed like cars just kept on arriving! We ended up with 17 cars in total which i think was a great response to the day and certainly made it well worthwhile for all those who had travelled huge distances to be there!

Obviously things needed to get cracking and Tony took the brave pill and stepped up as first on the rollers! In all we had 15 members get their cars dyno'd with some interesting results, Below is a brief outline of each members results starting with the smallest engine sizes first and working up. All figures are at the flywheel.

Car - 1.4 8v (75hp standard)

Owner - Mikeylad

No Modifications!

Power - 81.8hp

Torque - 94 ft lb

Image reduced to 89.48% of its original size. Click this bar to restore to full size.
4b381ea7-1.jpg

Car - 1.4 8v (75hp standard)

Owner - Kitty85

Modifications - Sebring rear box / Panel filter

Power - 83.1hp

Torque - 100 ft lb

Image reduced to 89.06% of its original size. Click this bar to restore to full size.
ac559a92.jpg

1.6 8v (90hp standard)

Owner - Howey896

No Modifications!

Power - 86.6hp

Torque - 97 ft lb

Image reduced to 89.06% of its original size. Click this bar to restore to full size.
19c63232.jpg

1.6 8v (90hp standard)

Owner - Lukemeister

Modifications - Zorstec cat back / K&N Panel filter

Power - 93.9hp

Torque - 108 ft lb

4f18c6fc.jpg

2.0 16v Gti (137 hp standard)

Owner - Dillon17

Modifications - Red Dot racing remap / GSR induction kit / Scorpion cat back

Power - 134.3hp

Torque - 139 ft lb

fd24cadf.jpg

Owner - Willie

Modifications - Decat / Custom cat back exhaust / Simota Carbon fibre AeroForm induction kit

Power - 135.1hp

Torque - 145 ft lb

b60d0e17.jpg

Owner - Oldbanger

Modifications - Red Dot racing remap / GSR induction kit / Magnex rear box

Power - 136.7hp

Torque - 138 ft lb

0de92697.jpg

Owner - Chichee

Modifications - RStuning remap / Magnex cat back / K&N panel filter

Power - 137hp

Torque - ? ft lb

edc63232.jpg

Owner - Antix

Modifications - Angel tuning remap / Powerflow cat back / K&N panel filter

Power - 138hp

Torque - 142 ft lb

2012c4ae.jpg

Owner - DaveGeorge

Modifications - RStuning remap / Devil 4-1 Manifold / Magnex cat back / GSR induction kit

Power - 141hp

Torque - 145 ft lb

43d5477f.jpg

2.0 16v Gti 180 (180hp standard)

Owner - Flashyashy

Modifications - Janspeed cat back / Pipercross Vortex induction kit

Power - 159.4hp

Torque - 138 ft lb

Image reduced to 89.2% of its original size. Click this bar to restore to full size.
9b0f41cb.jpg

Owner - Tarmac Terrorist

Modifications - Custom cat back / GSR induction kit / Well lane turbo centre remap

Power - 159hp

Torque - 149 ft lb

c4a3b094.jpg

Owner - Gti180lover

Modifications - Red dot racing remap / Janspeed cat back / GSR induction kit

Power - 161.3hp

Torque - 147 ft lb

41da0329.jpg

Owner - Sab206

No modifications!

Power - 161.6hp

Torque - 147 ft lb

de006879.jpg

2.0 HDI (Tractor) (90hp standard?)

Owner - djwizard

Modifications - Red dot racing remap / Front mounted intercooler with custom piping / Pipercross Viper induction kit / running 18psi boost

Power - 127.2hp @ approx 3300rpm

Torque - 245 ft lb @ approx 2375rpm

Image reduced to 89.2% of its original size. Click this bar to restore to full size.
61d76c78.jpg

Some really interesting results there, the 1.4s performed brilliantly, both being up on standard figures with nice power curves, equally impressive were the 1.6's again displaying very smooth power curves. The gti's (all 6 of them) were a more mixed bag, all were tuned and all ran slightly different figures, the 4 180's that ran today were quite confusing, 2 were tuned and 2 were standard non remapped cars but all 4 ended up within a couple of hp of each other at around 160hp. Quite why this is remains open to debate, but to add to the story, RSTuning see similar results with Renaults Clio 197 which typically can show around 175hp on the dyno, indicating that manufacturers claims may be a tad optimistic?!

Possibly the most impressive car of the day was the lone HDI that ran, owned by djwizard, with a thumping 245 ft lb torque, this was showing great potential with Paul commenting that the power could be substantially improved on with more work to sort the mapping/fuelling out - quite impressive stuff!

Hats off to everyone for having a go and enjoying themselves, there were some unexpected figures there but everyone still had smiles on their faces and especially when the tea van turned up at midday!! Those who could took a drive down to Mcdonalds afterwards before going our seperate ways. Personally i would like to thank everyone for making the effort, these things are really so much more rewarding when a good crowd turn up - much respect for b206 who drove up in his van just to be there! - all in all it was a great day out im sure you will agree. I would also like to thank RSTuning for a great day accomodating the forum with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere too.

*Written by myself*

The small debate that seems to going on now is the figures compared to Red Dot. The GTi 180's for ex. Tony's 180 was rolling roaded at 188bhp but put out 161 on RSTunings.. Second was Dillons GTi 137. His car put out 134 bhp on RSTunings and 158bhp on Red Dots. Comparing Dillions car to mine.. My car put out more power, more torque without a Red Dot Remap and GSR induction Kit...

We would all appricate if you could leave some feedback and your views on RSTuning and what you think about the figures. I myself belive they are accurate as my car was RR'd twice in a month with 1 bhp difference betweeen Sanspeed and RSTuning...

Once again your feedback would be much appriciated

Link to the 206info thread at RSTuning... http://www.206info.co.uk/ForumsPro/viewtopic/t=43811/finish=15/start=30.html

WilliE

Last edited:
  B/G 182 + PH1 Track
RStunings RR is a accurate imo, i doesnt give away free BHP like others do, and Paul is honest about figures.

BG182®
Thats what we belive over at 206info. If you have a look at the link in the thread you can see his defence as to what has been said about RSTuning from Red Dot.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Some people dont like to see true readings though, Like paul said his 172 standard made 160ish, our 172 running cams ect made 184max on RStuning rollers.
I know that this is about right, but if i took it to a RR near home this car would make 200ish because they seem to produce really nice high figures.

pathetic schoolyard comments by a certain person on 206 against RST, not only does paul take time to map cars so that they are safe he also actively takes part in posting on forums and sorting problems/dealing with different issues for different cars.

as regards to giving away bhp... well thats just comical, RST's RR is the tightest ive seen, and ive run on a good few.

theres a reason why 95%+ of all mapped meganesports have been done by paul... i stand to gain nothing by backing and supporting paul, im just honest and respectful, much in the same way paul was to me when he spent his own time fixing an issue with my car.

great pics and good too see you enjoyed urself willie :)

The small debate that seems to going on now is the figures compared to Red Dot. The GTi 180's for ex. Tony's 180 was rolling roaded at 188bhp but put out 161 on RSTunings.. Second was Dillons GTi 137. His car put out 134 bhp on RSTunings and 158bhp on Red Dots. Comparing Dillions car to mine.. My car put out more power, more torque without a Red Dot Remap and GSR induction Kit...

We would all appricate if you could leave some feedback and your views on RSTuning and what you think about the figures. I myself belive they are accurate as my car was RR'd twice in a month with 1 bhp difference betweeen Sanspeed and RSTuning...

the above speaks for itself too ;)

BG182®
pathetic schoolyard comments by a certain person on 206 against RST, not only does paul take time to map cars so that they are safe he also actively takes part in posting on forums and sorting problems/dealing with different issues for different cars.

as regards to giving away bhp... well thats just comical, RST's RR is the tightest ive seen, and ive run on a good few.

theres a reason why 95%+ of all mapped meganesports have been done by paul... i stand to gain nothing by backing and supporting paul, im just honest and respectful, much in the same way paul was to me when he spent his own time fixing an issue with my car.

great pics and good too see you enjoyed urself willie :)

The quote Paul replyed to was on performace206.com by Red Dots/GSR's Induction kit maker.

What you say about the Megane's RS is very intersting as Paul was saying to a fellow member the ECU seems to readape on the Meagane's and it could be the same case for the 206 ECU.

it does yeh, he's spent ages working on the megs ECU as its a little bugger, readapts itself all the time. they are animals now mind.

ive had a look on your site mate yeh, paul basically shuts the doubters up with his first comment, in all fairness tho he doesnt even need to reply, his rep is solid in my eyes and i know alot of others too.

amazing what lengths people will go to make a name for themselves, cause issues or just shoot their mouth off in a way only a keyboard warrior can ;)

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Cheers for the feedback guys. The fact that there is a consistent 30hp difference kind of says alot...

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
I think they had all been played with and were running MEGA rich. IMO 10hp more would be easy on these!

BMW E92/Audi S3
I know that black GTi, i have pics of it. I was speaking to him at the last meet as i go to the 206info meets

Monaro VXR
Hmmm rather odd. I have to say I had my VTS remapped at reddot and had the GSR kit fitted on the day went from 170 to 191bhp.

Does feel much better. The extra low end torque was very noticeable. But maybe just for the sake of argument I should have it rolling roaded elsewhere. I know the C4 VTS's have different maps than the 206's as the C4 generally produces better figures. Mine was 4hp down on what they should be as standard. the 180 thing isn't true its 177ps or 174hp. Just rounded to 180 for advertisement basically.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Thing is...what makes pauls accurate and others not!

If Pug Benchmark the GTi @ 180 brake and they consistantly run 160 on pauls...Surely his is wrong...

Seems the greater the power, the greater the deviation to book HP.

Just curious?!

In between cars....
Those gti 180's really under perform!

Wee brother had a gti 180, wrote it off a couple weeks ago when it sooked up water!, no big loss :p

If Pug Benchmark the GTi @ 180 brake and they consistantly run 160 on pauls...Surely his is wrong...

Just curious?!

pauls and another RR were equal on one or two of the cars tested iirc

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR

Just curious?!

You are missing the point, it's not about the figures, its about how s**t they were running and the fact that that a$$hole accuses us of rigging results!

In between cars....
Aye, looks like theres a few tw*ts firing in potentially damaging comments over there

Read the 6 pages of it

Is the gist of it that the 180's have been remapped with a sh*t map?

For what its worth my brothers 55 plate gti 180 was noticably slower than my car......

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
You are missing the point, it's not about the figures, its about how s**t they were running and the fact that that a$$hole accuses us of rigging results!

simple question, why would you rigg shite results?

surely if they hit 200bhp that would be better?

:S

i saw some stuff about air/ fuel mix and all that jazz.:rolleyes:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Its a rolling road, its all theoretical anyway - you want true figures, take the engine out and stick on a dyno ;)

Hdi sounds great, thats the spec i was gonna have on my old one ...

The quote Paul replyed to was on performace206.com by Red Dots/GSR's Induction kit maker.

What you say about the Megane's RS is very intersting as Paul was saying to a fellow member the ECU seems to readape on the Meagane's and it could be the same case for the 206 ECU.

Pete is a bit of a tard, the only kit to have is his, nothing else is worth air time to him.

He's the same with the C2 side.

And I know some of his band of merry men will read this too and run off crying to him.

'83 2.8 Capri :)
I know this is o/t but finding someone who knows what thy're doing is not easy round my way. Can RsTuning accurately RR my Capri? It would be interesting to see how many of the 160 bhp have fallen away over the years.

Last edited:
  e60 M5 -172- dciheid
I know this is o/t but finding someone who knows what thy're doing is not easy round my way. Can RsTuning accurately RR my Capri? It would be interesting to see how many of the 160 bhp have fallen away over the years.

pm pmurray chief.

BG182®
160-170bhp for a GTi 180 is about right. The lads weren't disappointed with that it was a the fact that some where RR'd about a month earlier with a remap and IK at 188bhp and now the figures are back to normal... There's a slight suspicion that the ECU could be re-adapting to the way the user drives or they have been conned at another garage by false readings on a dyno.

Once again thanks for all your comments/feedback.

Turbos.
No suprise to me, my stock car outperformed others with mods! Just sounds like sour grapes to me, PMSL @ the 206 180s!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
160-170bhp for a GTi 180 is about right. The lads weren't disappointed with that it was a the fact that some where RR'd about a month earlier with a remap and IK at 188bhp and now the figures are back to normal... There's a slight suspicion that the ECU could be re-adapting to the way the user drives or they have been conned at another garage by false readings on a dyno.

Once again thanks for all your comments/feedback.

Totally possible as megs do this

Monaro VXR
Mines getting put on the rollers on Saturday again up here. So will see what it produces. If it is down here then I won't be getting pissed off just wait till I can get it back to reddot and see what it produces there.

If the ECU has adjusted it out well so be it. Will give the lads there a chance to sort it out before I start flaming them. As to be fair to them they were a great bunch of guys. Perfectly happy to fit the induction kit, load the remap and stick it on the rollers and then just let me go out and drive it myself. And it did feel much more powerful. And it did take them the best part of 3 hours installing said induction kit on my C4 which they didn't charge anything for. Mine was the first C4 they had done. And well mine decided to be difficult. Can't see the point in all the arguing myself it could just be down to the cars. Cause to be fair the 137hp cars there with RStuning maps on were only producing standard figures as well.

Got my original graph here.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa315/wozzaa1983/comp.jpg

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Thought i'd post as I know Peter (GSR tuning) from Fiat tuning circles (No abuse please :rasp:) and for a company who knows so much about engines and tuning they seem to outsource a lot of their work :)

GSR also seems to struggle getting orders turned around in time or even answering emails/calls :rolleyes:

Also seeing some of the induction kits makes you wonder if they are tested in the rain :S

With the Panda 100hp one for instance it's quite likely to take a mouthful of water especially with our winters.. which wouldn't exactly prolong the life of your engine ;)

Also I thought from reading on other forums and speaking to various car enthusiasts most agreed that Red dot's RR'd is rather *pub talk friendly* ;)