ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tunst's RenaultSport Megane 225 Progress Blog

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Title and thread idea stolen from Nickson :eek:

Anway! Iv finally managed to find one.. Only took me about 6 Months and 7-8 Cars but I found one..

I was ready to give up tbh, but had another look on Ebay, Pistonheads, Auto Trader and even Gumtree.. I spotted this one in Newcastle since I was heading over there to pick the Mrs and all her stuff up from uni I decided to go have a look at it.. I took a small risk and got the train to Newcastle on Friday morning, if I didnt buy it id be stuffed.. Id have to get the train back home to pick my car up to drive all the way back then to drive home again.. Got to Newcastle and the chap picked me up from the train station and we headed back to his place so I could have a good look over the car etc..

After a quick look over it, noting all the problems etc a deal was made, I signed the paper work handed over the money and drove the car away, with a huge smile on my face!

The Basics:

Panoramic Roof, bit of a love hate thing.. I want keen on it at first but now I love it!
Lux Pack, full leather FTW
Totally Standard, blank canvass which is what I wanted :)

Just iPhone Pics atm.. I also havnt cleaned it yet :eek:

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

Megane13.jpg

Megane16.jpg

Reach for the stars etc
Megane14.jpg

Megane15.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

Bit of a to do list:

Still on its original Cambelt I think (No proof of a change..) So that needs done asap!
TPMS needs either turned off or new sensors
New injector in Cylinder 1 as it has a bit of a lumpy idle.
New window regulator/motor in the passenger side door.
New cruise buttons as one is faulty and turns the cruise off when you press it
2 new rear exhaust mounts as they are shot
Possibly new bonnet as it has 4 rather nasty dents in
Arch liner needed on the Drivers side
Rear bumper might need paint if the scuff wont machine polish out..
Remove any stickers I find

I think thats it!

First impressions... Its brilliant.. Power delivery is nice, ride is nice, interior is a better place to be and its quiet! The clio was beginning to annoy me with the exhaust.. Il miss the noise but hey il live, I may remove a box I dont know yet.. I need to sort the other problems out first... Just a bigger Clio tbh, though it does feel a little more 'boaty' but im sure il get used to that!

As of yet I have no major plans other than eventually fit my private plate and give it a good wash! Then once the above problems are sorted il start with a few subtile mods :evil:

Enjoy! :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
You gunna go over it with a PC? That bumper is grim, lol.

The whole car is covered in them, needs a proper going over.. My mates gonna have a play with it sometime next month

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
You've got one then. Good luck with it...

Get the cambelt booked in with Fred @ BTM, best guy for the job.

I'd change all the injectors to the newer 'blue' ones. No point just doing the one. Chances are it still has the original 'brown' ones.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Lovely!

I want one :)

Worth the upgrade! :D

You've got one then. Good luck with it...

Get the cambelt booked in with Fred @ BTM, best guy for the job.

I'd change all the injectors to the newer 'blue' ones. No point just doing the one. Chances are it still has the original 'brown' ones.

Haha il need it :rasp: Il be doing the belts myself when I get the time and its got the newer version injectors in it, im borrowing my mates Scan gauge 2 tomorrow so I can plug that in to see what boost its running to see if its been mapped, that may have killed the injector

Awesome awesome awesome!!

Love it!

Nice thread title too! ;)

Aww shuks :eek:

Shamelessly stolen thread title ftw

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Ok I couldnt help myself...

Just bought

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320812894388?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
For all interior lights (mayb the numberplate il see)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400288464...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_869wt_1396

For my plates when I get the paperwork
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260614434543?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Not to everyones taste.. but with the clio when you had the window down and you used the washers everything inside got covered in water, these should stop that and do other jobs :rasp:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170569076079?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

I need to get off ebay :eek:

Bummer one I have is off the switch panel by your right knee

Was thinking about getting deflectors only this morning for mine - same problem - open the window an inch and water comes pouring in all over the fabric and window switch etc

Might have to grab a set of those I think - let me know how you get on with fitting them and If they are likely to scratch the glass

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Shame :( Thanks anyway :)

Hopefully the wind deflectors will be here some time tomorrow, will get them fitted and get some pics for you :)

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Looking good dude, we will have to go for a drive out.

Do Forge do anything for these? If they do let me know, i can get Forge at cost price. ;)

Yeah forge do the same induction hose etc as Samco - they do intercoolers etc too plus have a load of new stuff being released any day

I got the hoses free of charge - they use my car for development

Gonna be quite a few in the bay by the time they are all in

340i
Should be a tidy motor once you've sorted the niggles out :)

If you want a set of Samco hoses speak to Tim.. I think Samco is his second home hhaha

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Should be a tidy motor once you've sorted the niggles out :)

If you want a set of Samco hoses speak to Tim.. I think Samco is his second home hhaha

Hopefully.. Need to get an injector sorted asap..

Small Update!

So far only 2 things I have ordered has turned up, don't matter though I'm not in a rush :eek:

So set about fitting them...

Exhaust Mount before, held together with a cable tie!
Megane8.jpg

New:
IMG_0520.jpg

And no after because I forgot :eek:

I then set about fitting the Prism indicator bulbs in the rear:

Before:
IMG_0528.jpg

After:
IMG_0529.jpg

Hopefully the ones for the front turn up tomorrow!

That was going to be it for today but I got bored so decided to remove the MEGANE badge...

Before:
IMG_0523.jpg

During:
IMG_0525.jpg

What I was left with:
IMG_0526.jpg

After a bit of elbow grease and some Tar remover I was left with this.. Yes you can still see the Megane but its hopefully getting PC'd this month so that will go..
IMG_0527.jpg

I then moved on to the stickers...

First to go were these..
Megane9-1.jpg

After some peeling.. Much better!
IMG_0522.jpg

Then the big one... IBIZA ROCKS apparently...
Megane12-1.jpg

This one was a right royal pain in the arse... It just kept breaking off which got annoying but got there in the end...

No after but this will do fine :rasp:
IMG_0531.jpg

Was still bored so had a look at my o/s front wheel area as there was a rather loud knock when turning and coming to a stop.. Turns out the top mount has flown to pieces :( So need to order one of those asap...

Also found this!
Megane7.jpg

Flexy brake hose trapped between the drop link and hub.. So removed the drop link and routed that correctly... No damage to the pipe surprisingly...

One last pic, the Megane with its younger brother... Wish I could keep both :(
IMG_0521.jpg

Tunst :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Another day another small update...

My Wind Deflectors turned up today so set about fitting those right away.. Got one side fitted then it dawned on me that only one will go on until I fix the passenger window regulator/motor so im currently rolling with 1 Wind Deflector..

IMG_0533.jpg

Also got a new Tax Disc Holder

Before:
Megane10.jpg

After:
IMG_0535.jpg

I then set about removing the Renault Sport badge from the rear so make way for the new one, which will hopefully be here tomorrow..

Before:
IMG_0532.jpg

After:
IMG_0536.jpg

Also to assist my quest into finding out why my injector is giving up, I have borrowed this to check boost levels to see if I have a cheeky map...

IMG_0538.jpg

Its a Scan Gauge 2.. quite a cool little thing, may invest in my own eventually, only annoying thing is it doesn't turn off on its own and apparently when the cars off I'm doing 230RPM..

My Centre Box is starting to rattle so having that removed, didn't really want to mess with the exhaust tbh as I like it how it is, but a box from Reno will be daft money..

Tunst :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Awesome work so far mate!

Your little 'Press the Brake to Start' screen appears to be broken :(

Thats just the pic :eek: It works fine :rasp:

I need to fix all the niggles before I can really start playing with it...

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
:approve:

Well hopefully the centre box is going to be chopped out today, sick of it rattling now :(

Also won a HKS SSQV Bov on Ebay.. Was kind of a random bid tbh didnt expect to win it.. Not even sure if i want to fit it now.. Kinda screams chav but I dont know yet.. might fit it if I dont like it Il remove it and sell on..