ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

turbines on car...

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
just wacked one on to fight the boredom, put my dynamique centre caps on and think it looks pretty good with the diamond on, im thinking of leaving the caps silver, polishing the lip and the rest black, any ideas??

Last edited:

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
thanks, do you think gloss black with polished lip and the caps like that would look ok??

yeah, if it was a real deep gloss and a highly polished lip i rekon it would look good... on another note im suprised the renault jack is holding the car up... two collapsed with my car on them...

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
got the tyres in my room, proxes t1-r's, just waiting to put them on till ive finished them, was just bored so i thought i'd wack one on the car just to see how it looked!!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
yeah, if it was a real deep gloss and a highly polished lip i rekon it would look good... on another note im suprised the renault jack is holding the car up... two collapsed with my car on them...

my mates corsa did that, and he snapped the end of his spanner off undoing his bolts, but the jack and stuff in my car seems fairly good quality to be honest, all worksd easily and very solid!

did your fall off with wheel on or off?

once wheel on with 2 bolts in thank god... i wouldnt have been happy if there was no wheel on... and the other when i was jacking it up to take the wheel off... but still dodgy as fook

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
the actual 'blades' (?) of the 'turbine' i'd paint black, then polish the rest...

(actually, isn't that similar to how they left the factory?)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
no, the centres around the centre cap were polished, the rest silver i think, not 100% sure if im honest!

i think ill 100% decide once i have finished prep'ing them, but any ideas would be good??

RenaultSport 172.
the centre caps, exactly the same fitment then??
any idea how much they are each fro renault??
x

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
the centre caps, exactly the same fitment then??
any idea how much they are each fro renault??
x

no they arent exactly the same, but fit well enough, they just pivot on the screw as they dont engage with anything.

sorry i never reposted in your thread, if your still interested in my turbines centre caps then ill probably get rid??

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
leave it as is. i got some turbines and did em anthracite totally. that looks well better i think. get some 45 tyres on em and slam it wud look good.
i didnt like em on mine but only cos my cars not low enough for em.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
im lowering it 35mm for the minute untill i either get rid of the car or decide to get some coilovers, ive got 50 tyres on them so not much different really, and even lowered 35mm should make the car sit abit better on them.

thanks for the advice, im not 100% on anything untill i start doing it!!!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
not sure, think they are a bit smaller that my normal dynamique wheels, looked to be further out, but could have been because the car was jacked up?