ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo cams

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Hi guys,

I'm in the process of sourcing parts for a turbo engine build with forged pistons/rods etc

I'm unsure whether there would be a benefit to running cams (such as catcams)

I've seen it mentioned once that people use the 197 inlet and 182 exhaust cam or maybe vice versa... Is this a good option?

Cheers

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I’m sure the standard F4R cams work better with the turbo, rather than the F4RT standard cams iirc...
isn’t it something with the n/a cams lift duration works well..? So basically a mild upgrade by keeping the n/a cams.

If I’m remembering correctly, it’s the same principles as the Vaux guys putting the n/a versions inlet cam into the turbo engines.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
I’m sure the standard F4R cams work better with the turbo, rather than the F4RT standard cams iirc...
isn’t it something with the n/a cams lift duration works well..? So basically a mild upgrade by keeping the n/a cams.

If I’m remembering correctly, it’s the same principles as the Vaux guys putting the n/a versions inlet cam into the turbo engines.

I'm not entirely sure hence why I asked but that's good to know! I did somewhere about using one of the two 197 cams, I'm sure it was inlet. I will try to find that again.

Standard cams for boost

@bloke got suggestions on this one?

Standard cams are cheaper so I'm happy lol.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader

The Megane guys run 182 cams in theirs, so they are well suited to boost.

That's fair enough then. Luckily the 182 cams aren't expensive.