ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo-charged, Or supercharged

spend £1K or 2K on an evo and you'll have a missile

1k might buy you a nice exhaust.

People think buying a turbo and tuning it is really cheap. If you want big power you pay big money.

http://www.norrisdesigns.com/products.asp?cat=68

Look at the prices for these kits which are all prices not including fitting.

Evo's arent that much fun unless you spend silly money to make them silly powerful, and they just have a horrible image and sound crap.

Recently finished a 600bhp evo7 engine and that cost him about 8k just for the engine, no idea how much more he spent on the chassis but he had all the top names for everything from wheels, suspension, exhausts, intercooler setups etc. Must of cost him about 20K total.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
1k might buy you a nice exhaust.

People think buying a turbo and tuning it is really cheap. If you want big power you pay big money.

http://www.norrisdesigns.com/products.asp?cat=68

Look at the prices for these kits which are all prices not including fitting.

Evo's arent that much fun unless you spend silly money to make them silly powerful, and they just have a horrible image and sound crap.

That's your opinion Ben. I think most people find the Evo a lot of fun. And I disagree that you need to spend silly money on them. A few here have subtle but effective mods and mop up all the autox and most track day events. They sound immense too, all in my opinion of course.

buy a project car keep the clio and everyones happy :)
i was the same looking a turbocharging my clio but i would never get the money back so ive decided to buy a small project car (r5gtturbo) and play with that and keep my clio standardish so when i come to sell it people wont look at it and think ........nope its been played with so its been thrashed

MERCEDES CLS AMG
TT power baby - £8k will get you over 400bhp........if youve got the balls

inters7.jpg

rollingroad.jpg

power.jpg

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
TT power baby - £8k will get you over 400bhp........if youve got the balls

inters7.jpg

rollingroad.jpg

power.jpg

thats fuking mental m8, job well done!! what bhp was it at the wheels? n how much of a ball arch was it to fit cause it looks quite a tight fit lol, bet it bloody flys thou :D. shame i can`t afford 8 grand :(

sorry to hi-jack the thread but whats the difference between car throttle boddies and bike 1`s? do they both work the same and wud i get the same amount of bhp cause finkin of itb`s plus rally cams n omex ecu e.c.t from gdi, already got full exhaust, coilovers and massive brakes so just engine work left.
are gdi any good cause its alot of money if al goes pete tong :S

any help appricaited (i can`t bloody spell lol)

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
bike throttle bodies are ok, but you won't get anywhere near the power (generally smaller in size)

thanx m8, so in your opinion car throttle boddies are better?? what sort of power does yours run and what work ya had done cause it was bloody quick at fcs!! how much do you charge 4 throttle boddies plus cam`s n al the rest of the kit??

thanx, foxon

Lionel Richie
na our 240bhp engine has substatially more than just throttle bodies and cams

bottom end work, high comp pistons etc etc

MKIII 138

you always advertising fred ? spoke to someone at FCS and they were less than happy with the mess that was made with there cup.. but hey 100% success cant be guarenteed all the time and no im not revealing the guys name.

Lionel Richie

you always advertising fred ? spoke to someone at FCS and they were less than happy with the mess that was made with there cup.. but hey 100% success cant be guarenteed all the time and no im not revealing the guys name.

???? if anyone has an issue then they should get in contact, its news to me your comment

MKIII 138

???? if anyone has an issue then they should get in contact, its news to me your comment

apparently you at least gave them a 1.2 MKIII hire car ? well, in any case id go to for work from good reports but this guy was pretty pissed

Audi TT 225
True I was very miserable and disapointed at FCS because I didn't have my car for the bigest event on the CS calendar, after throwing vast amounts of cash at it and at the time I couldn't see an end in sight to the work that was being done to it.
But I got it back finally and it was a rocket and better than expected.

clio 200 F4Rt

any power graphs of this?

would be interested to see the power and torque curve.

I am assuming with that sort of power its all top end stuff.

clio 200 F4Rt
True I was very miserable and disapointed at FCS because I didn't have my car for the bigest event on the CS calendar, after throwing vast amounts of cash at it and at the time I couldn't see an end in sight to the work that was being done to it.
But I got it back finally and it was a rocket and better than expected.

what did you have done?

who built the engine or rebuilt it?

well I know you got Andy to do it in the first instance as you don't have a scooby doo, but you blew that one up, so I'm asking about the times after that. It's all assumption, but I guess you wont have touched it personally and it was contracted out to a 3rd party to undertake, just as had been the case with GDI before things went sour?

RichMcc - sounds like a good result, you could have taken it to AWT and it would still be in the workshop having handed over your money and you'd be listening to excuses for the next two years... apparently it takes Cat cams about 3-5 years to make pulleys :rolleyes: lol

Lionel Richie
due to legal reasons Jon i can't comment any further

who builds our engines is quite common knowledge, but you won't be interested

and you're right, i don't build engines for our customers, because i don't have what i think is the appropriate experience, afterall if you don't have the appropriate training, qualifications, experience and skill you should leave it someone who has

i would ask you (for future reference) to avoid any mentioning of us and said companies past together due to legal reasons

who builds our engines is quite common knowledge, but you won't be interested

i would ask you (for future reference) to avoid any mentioning of us and said companies past together due to legal reasons
Im not out to carry on the tunning arguments but what legal reasons can there be?

Who is your engine builder? It might help TheJesus understand etc.

oh right, dont see where the problem lies??? if they pay you the money to do somthing and when they pick the car up ots done whats the problem who does it???

could have been the fella out ofthe goonies who did it alsong as its done right cant see where there is reason to compalin.

and you're right, i don't build engines for our customers, because i don't have what i think is the appropriate experience, afterall if you don't have the appropriate training, qualifications, experience and skill you should leave it someone who has

Wouldnt it be refreshing if everyone who entered into the tuning business took this approach.

You either spend years learning and perfecting your trade or you sub it out to someone who knows better.

Fred its unfortunate that you have to explain yourself in a thread that has nothing to do with you or your company.

I have reported certain posts in this thread as pointless attacks that add no value to the original subject. Unfortunately the mods have ignored it and continue to let TheJesus post his pro GDI opinion. :dapprove:

Audi TT 225
Anyway back on topic Ive been keeping my eye on these guys, low boost conversion for the RS.

http://www.mbcarperformance.nl/

The first test with the Clio RS "Low-boost" turbo conversion were without any problems. On the dynograph (down below) you can see that the engine - equipped with the turboconversion of MB Engineering with the fastchip knock controller - produces 222Bhp (standard 165 Bhp) and a torque of 271 Nm (standard 190 Nm) at 7 Psi (0,5 bar) boost.
This is the only affordable way to gain a lot of power AND improve driveability.
Available torque from 2000 rpm onwards combined with the RS lightweight chassis gives you massive acceleration power.

rsturbo2%20(Small)%20(Custom).jpg

scn0002%20(Medium).jpg

Audi TT 225
I heard around 2k but dont know if theres any truth in that but sounds very good value for money.

R35 GTR
low boost turbo will probably be throttle body money, I would go for throttle bodies if that is the case.