ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo-charged, Or supercharged

Audi TT 225
It runs stock pistons I think so none of the cost of rebuilding the bottom end swapping rods and pistons etc, should be fairly easy to fit :D

I have reported certain posts in this thread as pointless attacks that add no value to the original subject. Unfortunately the mods have ignored it and continue to let TheJesus post his pro GDI opinion. :dapprove:

You slander in every thread about them until they are locked, yet complain in this because I ask a simple question of who do the engine work for Yozzasport? I think it's a valid question, as I'm curious to know why people wouldn't just go direct to the people doing it, but oh well.

MOFO - I've got basically the jenvey setup like Yoz' car, but my cams aren't as wild, I have no headwork and the bottom end standard too. It's not been RR'd on Mass' rollers for a while, but reckon it would make about 225-230bhp on there. Once the engine itself is modified and rebuilt I doubt anything of similar spec will come close to it tbh... part of the reason I keep all the interior in as it is lol

172 cup TT
This place is crazy sometimes.... how is any new member reading this meant to decide where to take their car? - This may sound g@y and hippy like but why dont you all try to just not tread on each others toes as much and appreciate(or put up with!) what their competitors do? (maybe this is mainly aimed at the "fanboys" of the tuners as apposed to the tuners themselves really...but).. I mean, if a chap with a few grand in his back pocket was reading this he probably wouldnt use any of you! whereas if it didnt go on then the likelyhood of 1 of you getting the business is almost certain!.. Take a leaf out of Seatcupra.net! they have over 10 large tuners and ive never seen anything like what is seen on here at times!...

Audi TT 225
Thats awesome edde! Well worth the cash imo! Might start saving for one :D

Please please dont turn this into another b!tchin thread that gets locked guys theres some good info in here.

Thanks

222bhp and 200lb/ft of torque.

If those figure are correct it would be amazing value for money.

Its all bolt on bits so should be easy enough to fit aswell.

Its cheaper then ITBs by a long way because all of the high powered ITB conversions also need cams.

Lionel Richie
blimey thats a good price! you could possibly do it even cheaper and use the OE ecu and get someone like RStuning to map it

Audi TT 225
Would make a very nice addition to my engine since it doesn't have the 5k kick anymore so a pppsssshhhhttt!! would make up for it :D

Gotta go pop a cap in a rich reletive or something :evil:

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
TheJesus - Is it your 240bhp ITB'd 172 which was getting pwned in those videos against the cup agesss ago???

TheJesus - Is it your 240bhp ITB'd 172 which was getting pwned in those videos against the cup agesss ago???

unlikely as a Clio has never gone past it and stayed there. It struggled with Chris Cup when it was at lower speeds and was poorly, but that's about it and it woud be a much different ball game now.

Thats awesome edde! Well worth the cash imo! Might start saving for one :D
Personaly I'd go spend the little bix extra on the Ktec lot Ok the cost is more but in cludes the low CR pistons and the uprated clutch which you should chnage realy with that much extra torque as you'd be chnaging it in least 10k I'd bet anyway.

You could always but a second engine and slowly DIDY the piston chnage as such thendrop it all in in a weekend etc or if not talk to Ktec see if they tried the car on lower boost withouth the pistosn then talk to a mapper ie Pmurry see if they would be willing to write the maps for the car with lower boost etc. Still for the what £300 or so extra in parts for an extra 40hp it seems great value to me.
blimey thats a good price! you could possibly do it even cheaper and use the OE ecu and get someone like RStuning to map it
It does use the stock ECU just remapped by fast chip.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
could you (the guy who started the thread) no trade up to a V6? that 'd gove you nice kick up the bum. thats what i'do any way

Audi TT 225
True eddie but theres a big difference between 2.6k and 6.1k, with this sorta kit you could fit it yourself, uprate the clutch next time its needed, then if you wanted to up the psi at a later date drop in some pistons.

I think the k-tech/bb turbo kits push too much bhp anyway the box cant really handle it and a low boot setup is much more sensible.

True eddie but theres a big difference between 2.6k and 6.1k, with this sorta kit you could fit it yourself, uprate the clutch next time its needed, then if you wanted to up the psi at a later date drop in some pistons.

I think the k-tech/bb turbo kits push too much bhp anyway the box cant really handle it and a low boot setup is much more sensible.

But that £6k fitted with a new clutch VS 2.6k unfitted if you want to upgrade to the more power you'd need £400 worth of pistons plus you IMo need to chnage the clutch anwya so that a few hundred. I'd defo decoment seeing if the ktec lot would contact there mapping compnay and make a low psi map for use with there kit for people you cannot save up yet for the fitment of the lower CR pistons.

Clucth would need to be done in under 10K imo regardless.

Box cannot officialy hand any more torque thn the stock engine makes anyway with a waretly as such the 172/82 tested them to the limit hence why the 197 doens't use it.

Lionel Richie
Personaly I'd go spend the little bix extra on the Ktec lot Ok the cost is more but in cludes the low CR pistons and the uprated clutch which you should chnage realy with that much extra torque as you'd be chnaging it in least 10k I'd bet anyway.

You could always but a second engine and slowly DIDY the piston chnage as such thendrop it all in in a weekend etc or if not talk to Ktec see if they tried the car on lower boost withouth the pistosn then talk to a mapper ie Pmurry see if they would be willing to write the maps for the car with lower boost etc. Still for the what £300 or so extra in parts for an extra 40hp it seems great value to me.
It does use the stock ECU just remapped by fast chip.

can you not see the large piggy back unit (well it looks like that anyway) with fastchip written on it?? that ain't stock!

can you not see the large piggy back unit (well it looks like that anyway) with fastchip written on it?? that ain't stock!

Not unless I look at the link nope (i Ihave to admit never looked before this PC rubish)

I recon they'll have it done with a reflash though they'll have binned that box setep. Fast chip can do the reflash though on the stock ECU as they have done before so i recon that box is a test pictue one.

As you said though the aftermarket box realy shold be binned.

But that £6k fitted with a new clutch VS 2.6k unfitted if you want to upgrade to the more power you'd need £400 worth of pistons plus you IMo need to chnage the clutch anwya so that a few hundred. I'd defo decoment seeing if the ktec lot would contact there mapping compnay and make a low psi map for use with there kit for people you cannot save up yet for the fitment of the lower CR pistons.

Clucth would need to be done in under 10K imo regardless.

Box cannot officialy hand any more torque thn the stock engine makes anyway with a waretly as such the 172/82 tested them to the limit hence why the 197 doens't use it.

To buy the kit from ktec including clutch and rods and pistons is 4.9k which is double the price but you are getting more.

A low pressure version would be a nice kit for KTEC to develop, as edde says. It would no doubt be comparable cost and power to this other kit.

cup 182 mit stripes
What would the warranty be like on a KTEC turbo conversion? Would they come up to Scotland to retrive motor in the event of major melt down?

What would the warranty be like on a KTEC turbo conversion? Would they come up to Scotland to retrive motor in the event of major melt down?

As far as I understand its more a sort of helping they give they'll check parts out and problems and charge you for the fixing of the car but you need RAC etc cover. They do help ata good rate as such.

Anyone who goes with this sort of thing is often freiendly as such with the company and this isn't an issue as the cars often there a lot anyway.

cup 182 mit stripes
That's the thing about major tuning, the further away you are from the place that did the work on your motor, the more financial headache you will get when things go wrong.

Except for Stoddie and his problems with GDI. I believe they sent a transporter up to Glenrothes for it and put the man up in 4 star hotel while he was waiting for repairs to be done. How's that for service , Mark? lol

Audi TT 225
TBH I wouldn't want more power out of it, 220 would be about right, decat might give you a little more too, so as for swapping pistons, sod it, too much cost involved fiddling with the bottom end, clutch is no major problem just wait till it dies then get an uprated one, job done!

Der Panzer
I would have thought the 172/182 engine leant itself more bendicially to turbocharging. Never seen any apart from teh K-Tec bus right enough.

How about I organise a rolling road day so all the figures be actually proven?

Having spent a fair amount of money doing basic tuning on my Trophy I am more than happy to find out who's conversion actually works and end this discussion once and for all.

Can Fred please contact me to help setup a convenient date for all parties concerned and maybe we could get a feature in one of the magazines......

Then we'll see who's conversion actually makes the power.

:)

Last edited:
  80MPG BEEZA
How about I organise a rolling road day so all the figures be actually proven?

Having spent a fair amount of money doing basic tuning on my Trophy I am more than happy to find out who's conversion actually works and end this discussion once and for all.

Can Fred please contact me to help setup a convenient date for all parties concerned and maybe we could get a feature in one of the magazines......

Then we'll see who's conversion actually makes the power.

:)

ahh this will never get done, it'll end up like the RTOC meeting when we were camping in the middle of the night all we heard was "i'll show you my cars the fastest, oh yea i'll knife you i'll knife you dont think i wont"

after a beautiful evening to