ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TURBO KIT (LOADS OF PICS)

astra gsi/cliosport 172
heres the turbo kit i got with my car dont know whats needed to fit would like some help also if i wanted how much colud i sell all for? turbo part number is t04e

turbo1.jpg

turbo3.jpg

turbo6.jpg

inteercool.jpg

turbopipes.jpg

pipes1.jpg

pipes2.jpg

astra gsi/cliosport 172
Dont they just use one off a diesel megane or something like that which bolts straight onto the block? Seen loads for sale on ebay.

seen them but i think this turbo is to big to fit behind the block so myt need a custom manifold or get another turbo?

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
i wouldnt use that kit mate it looks unsafe best bet would be to chuck it . if you send it my way iv got a mate who owns a steel works and can dispose of it safely ;)

Storm Grey 200
The turbo elbow is a terrible design. Never mind the turbo, how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

i would just throw it back on e bay and try and make some cash of it , would be more hassle than its worth trying to get it to fit , not sure if there is a manifold that will fit that turbo as well , thats what i read in the thread that was started before , hence why the kid didnt throw it on his car in the first place , the turbo also looks like a very very cheap chinese turbo , wouldn't want the bearings going into the engine if it decides to fail !! which most do

ValverInBits
It's not actually a garrett is it? It's just a T04E copy

That's bigger than most of the turbos people use of 1*2s, but with a good manifold it will spool ok. The off the shelf conversions use awful log cast manifolds.

If you get it working, you'll easily have enough power capability to pop a 'rod, so it'd be really really expensive to do properly.
My advice would sell for what you can get.

astra gsi/cliosport 172
looks like itl be on ebay ! lol

al keep the other bits tho as i plan in geting another gsi nxt year !

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Chris it's as we suspected in your other thread mate and it's a total no go.

1. The turbo isn't genuine, it might fit between the block and the bulkhead but it's difficult to say with out some form of reference to size in the pics. It's also an externally wastegated turbo which means you'd have to fork out for a decent external wastegate as well.
2. You can't get an off the shelf manifold to fit a T3 or a T4 turbo only T2's (which also covers T25/T28) which means you'd need a custom one making to run with that turbo (if you insisted on using it)
3. The downpipe would need to be modified and extended to mate up to your original exhaust system.
4. Your also missing loads of additional stuff like
Injectors
Map sensor
Turbo spark plugs
Oil feed
Oil return pipework
Silicone hoses
Airfilter arrangement
External wastegate + piping
Custom re map.

In addition to the parts missing you'll need the sump modifying to accept a oil return from the turbo, which means you'll need to factor in an oil change and filter.

Realistically the parts above won't cost the earth, but the custom manifold will either be cheap and low quality, or high quality and really expensive. If your really after something mad just save for a supercharger kit.

ITB'd MK1
I've fitted one of those, didn't last long. Changed it for a £70 (brand new) T70 which did 383bhp at the rear hubs (on a 1.8 ;) )

The T04E isn't great

to be honest , the turbo is worth about £60 or so on e bay as you can get them for about £100 , and the only people who would buy a turbo like that are people who dont have a clue about tuning !!! put it as a no reserve and let it go for whatever anyone bids on it , there is a reason why the kid gave the stuff away with the car as it isnt worth anything to sell IMO

astra gsi/cliosport 172
theres a place down the road that does turbos so what turbo would i need for the clio to fit in the space..etc

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
My best advise is to get rid on ebay and put you money together, and buy a kit designed for the f4r engine, by the time you have got hold of the right turbo and all the extra bits and bobs that Steve has listed you might as well have brought the proper complete kit. fitting this to a clio is a bad idea. :nono: