ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo on its last legs? (VAG TFSI K03 question)

I'm experiencing a weird boosting issue with the Skoda. It started a few months ago with an intermittent issue when on the odd occasion I wouldn't get full boost at WOT. It went away but then came back a few months later but this time I wouldn't get full boost if going WOT over 3k RPM, under 3k it was fine. Now I can only get full boost if I dip my clutch and blip the revs a few times past 5k RPM then if going WOT under 3k RPM I'd get full boost for a few blasts then its gone again, no ELM.

Ive checked the diverter valve, PCV system and all the pipework for boost leaks and all seems fine. Cant bloody log actual v requested boost via VCDS as I've forgot my password on my laptop but it feels like something is defo sticking, waste gate actuator maybe? Turbo is the original and is on 131k miles so its done a good job as its been mapped for 40k miles of that.

So question, can I check/move the actuator by hand on with the K03 to see if its sticking? Or is there a way to check the range of movement of the wastegate actuator in VCDS?

Anything else it could be that can be checked manually by hand?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
You could take the vacuum line off and use a hand pump or something to build some pressure and see if it moves. IIRC you should be able to move it by hand but may have to remove the vacuum line to prevent damage to it. As the actuator is cheap is probably wise to replace that first.

Not sure on the VCDS side of things as never really used it.

Andropidis

ClioSport Club Member
Another thing to check is the N75 valve. It can throw a fault code without triggering the EML, if you can get the car scanned. Not sure how else to confirm it's working correctly?

Managed to log specified v actual boost v boost pressure (waste gate duty N75). You can see in green (from 2k RPM) a good pull, bit of a delay hitting actual but gets there and pulls hard. In red (from 3k rpm) never hits the actual and the N75 readings are lower at the beginning of the pull. I also think 2300mbar (33 PSI) is way to high for a K03 stage 1 remap?

Anyone make anything of this?

1572508303299.png

1572508385510.png