ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TuRbo or supercharge kit

172 cup turbo
Hi guys,

Looking at spending some money on my 172 cup, been looking at turbos and superchargers. K-tec racing do these but are a bit expensive. Don't wanna spend more than what the car is worth if you get my meaning. So if anyone has a second hand kit etc let me know, if I don't get one I will sell her.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You wont do either without spending more than the value of the car realistically.

Looking at the thick end of 10K to do either to a high standard for moderate power (ie 300 ish)

172 cup turbo
Good thinking. Never done any track days. Is it expensive? And do you need a race license? I only bought my Clio for nurburg ring in September but I've owned a couple of Clio sports

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Good thinking. Never done any track days. Is it expensive? And do you need a race license? I only bought my Clio for nurburg ring in September but I've owned a couple of Clio sports

No race license needed, yes it can be expensive.

The renaultsport evening at bedford on 5th july is under 100 pounds though and a great taster.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Id love a SC after seeing the cars at CSS, don't think i can justify 10k though.

I don't look at what my cars worth as its my hobbie. If we did then i dont think any of us would carry out any mods to our little tin boxes. :)

Inferno 225 cup
I don't look at what my cars worth as its my hobbie. If we did then i dont think any of us would carry out any mods to our little tin boxes. :)

Bingo!!! It's sad how much I love my ph1 tbh but I'd be happier my clip than 10/11/12 plate fancy car.

Trumpets/cams are on the cards for me to start with then look at something bigger if I'm not happy with them.

Would itb's and s/c go together??

Inferno 225 cup
Not really TBH (its possible but a lot of work for no real gains)

Would be better selling the bodies at that point.

Another question why the hell did we not speak Saturday? :(

The best bet for me is to go for trumpets first like I said then if I'm not happy with that setup I can sell for roughly the price I'd of paid.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Another question why the hell did we not speak Saturday? :(

I didnt get there till gone 3 mate, was there less than 2 hours, so by the time I caught up with the usual suspects like Tony and -J- etc, I didnt really get a chance to chat to anyone new.

The best bet for me is to go for trumpets first like I said then if I'm not happy with that setup I can sell for roughly the price I'd of paid.

And still use the management etc :)

Inferno 225 cup
I didnt get there till gone 3 mate, was there less than 2 hours, so by the time I caught up with the usual suspects like Tony and -J- etc, I didnt really get a chance to chat to anyone new.

And still use the management etc :)

What's would be the best management to use chip the omex??

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
just follow the pipe down to the drivers side wing, its down there.

Makes no difference either way IMHO except it puts a light on.