ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

turbo reconditioning recomendation?

clio 182
hi, any1 know of anywere good for reconditioning my turbo? not to pricey either, ive got a garrett gt28 to go on my 182 and its got abit of play in it. i thought it would be fine for a wile?? also whats the turn around time for a recon? thanks

clio 182
cheers for the replys, sendin it off to CR tomoro, its a garrett gt28rs so im praying its just the seals or thrust bearing or its gona cost around £800. keep your fingers crossed for me, its got a small bit of play in it but its not too bad. any1 had one of these turbos before and had the play fixed?

clio 182
so is it more likely for the turbine play to be fixed with new seals and thrust bearing than the cartridge needing replaced?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
so is it more likely for the turbine play to be fixed with new seals and thrust bearing than the cartridge needing replaced?

No I think its more likely to need a new cartridge if there is a lot of play in it. But obviously just wait and see what CR say rather than people guessing.