ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo'd RB 200, Denton

RB 182 FF,1.2 16V
I see an RB182 in Denton a fair bit, possibly you. Will keep my eyes open for you, I work in Denton/Hyde and the Mrs family all live in haughton green so I'm always batting about.
Might be me Adam!
There's another RB182 that knocks about in Gorton & I keep seeing one on Hyde Road with Gordini Stripes!
I'll keep my eyes out for you.

Turbo'd RB 200 Cup
Might be me Adam!
There's another RB182 that knocks about in Gorton & I keep seeing one on Hyde Road with Gordini Stripes!
I'll keep my eyes out for you.

The gordini stripe one never waves back, saw it near McDonald's in Denton the other week gave him a wave and he just looked at me blankly haha.

RB 182 FF,1.2 16V
Never mind!
Us Cliosport guys should stick together!
I just love 'em!
Bet your 200 Turbo Cup is a monster!haha!
How was the insurance Adam?

Turbo'd RB 200 Cup
Do you have a thread about your car?

No mate, I did it the lazy way really. Spent a small fortune on parts, then sent my car to the garage to be done. In hindsight I wish I had have gone and taken pictures for a progress thread.

Turbo'd RB 200 Cup
Never mind!
Us Cliosport guys should stick together!
I just love 'em!
Bet your 200 Turbo Cup is a monster!haha!
How was the insurance Adam?

It transformed the car into what Renault should have made to be fair. Just feels so right, sounds so good and Jesus, it shifts.

Insurance was really good, switched to greenlight and did unlimited mods policy, is roughly what I was paying my previous company, think it actually worked out something like £15 a year cheaper with all mods etc haha.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
No mate, I did it the lazy way really. Spent a small fortune on parts, then sent my car to the garage to be done. In hindsight I wish I had have gone and taken pictures for a progress thread.

Hows your gearbox? I had a 200 Cup (RB too) unfortunatley without boost, and it ate its gearbox after 10k or so.

Miss my 200!

Turbo'd RB 200 Cup
Hows your gearbox? I had a 200 Cup (RB too) unfortunatley without boost, and it ate its gearbox after 10k or so.

Miss my 200!

Gearbox is good mate, kept the clio box with the Meg engine too as its ratios are better and it's handling boost and power very well, was a bit worried at first to be honest as I know some clio boxes seem to be made out of chocolate, must just be luck of the draw.

I was getting a bit fed up of my 200 (pre conversion) but I can't see that happening now, it's all the car that I could ever want.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Gearbox is good mate, kept the clio box with the Meg engine too as its ratios are better and it's handling boost and power very well, was a bit worried at first to be honest as I know some clio boxes seem to be made out of chocolate, must just be luck of the draw.

I was getting a bit fed up of my 200 (pre conversion) but I can't see that happening now, it's all the car that I could ever want.
It's probably made the MPG better too! (Providing you don't have a lead boot on!!) :p

Turbo'd RB 200 Cup
It's probably made the MPG better too! (Providing you don't have a lead boot on!!) :tongueout:

Oh yeah, I can (if I'm being good) get 40mpg from it whereas I think 28 was my previous best from a motorway journey to Wales, although on the other hand I have had 12mpg from it too

Turbo'd RB 200 Cup
27 odd was normal for mine. A staggering 7 (seven!) MPG on track though.
Jesus a whole 7, that's impressive haha. Pre conversion my usual average was around 22/23/24 around that kind of mark unless I'd had a few motorway journeys then it would be a bit higher up the 20's.

RB 182 FF,1.2 16V
A guy I know Trevor at DTM Motors on here in Newcastle as selling an RB 197 with a Megane Turbo engine at £5500!
Also KTEC have just put a Megane 230 FI with 270 bhp engine in blue for sale £5500 as well!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It transformed the car into what Renault should have made to be fair. Just feels so right, sounds so good and Jesus, it shifts.

Insurance was really good, switched to greenlight and did unlimited mods policy, is roughly what I was paying my previous company, think it actually worked out something like £15 a year cheaper with all mods etc haha.

I've never really understood why modded cars can quite often work out cheaper to insure?
A yocal to me too - I'm originally from Ashton :)

Turbo'd RB 200 Cup
I've never really understood why modded cars can quite often work out cheaper to insure?
A yocal to me too - I'm originally from Ashton :smile:

I take it by the fact you put "originally" that means you saw sense and left ashton haha.

I'm not sure, I was baffled really as to why it would be cheaper, I was expecting it to go up quite a bit, they couldn't explain it on the phone either they just said that it happens a lot.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I take it by the fact you put "originally" that means you saw sense and left ashton haha.

Lol! Pretty much! Apart from spending a three year stint down in Plymouth, I moved up to Heywood for about 5 years and then across to Birtle for a further 10.

Moved back to Ashton for just over 2 years and now into my 2nd year in Bromley Cross.

Turbo'd RB 200 Cup
Lol! Pretty much! Apart from spending a three year stint down in Plymouth, I moved up to Heywood for about 5 years and then across to Birtle for a further 10.

Moved back to Ashton for just over 2 years and now into my 2nd year in Bromley Cross.
I'm in my 6th year of being a Tamesider, I'm originally from walkden. Used to spend quite a lot of time up Bromley Cross and Horwich etc.

3 year stint in Plymouth, that has Royal Navy written all over it lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm in my 6th year of being a Tamesider, I'm originally from walkden. Used to spend quite a lot of time up Bromley Cross and Horwich etc.

3 year stint in Plymouth, that has Royal Navy written all over it lol

Nope - three years at uni - I barely ever came back up north. Good place down there, though it did seem to be permanently grey! :)

Turbo'd RB 200 Cup
Nope - three years at uni - I barely ever came back up north. Good place down there, though it did seem to be permanently grey! :smile:

Not often I'm right and im wrong again. Lol

Only ever been to Plymouth once, it was grey when I went, they all had funny accents but it was a good laugh, decent pies from memory too.