ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbos...

OK, going from a 1.1 fezzi to a 1.4 Clio was a nice step up. But now Im bored and want more. a bigger engine is out of d question, a nu car is aswell. The 5GT turbo has a 1.4, so how easy can it be to slap one on......?
Any ideas?

looked at it, the rt engine and 5 gtt is totally diferent. You will need a new, well used gtt engine then slap that in along with the loom, new moutns, box etc!

BMW 320d Sport

Its been done so dont rule out putting a GTT lump in there. Jon Metz did it a few months back and I think hell do them for anyone who wants one. A couple of grand for all the work I think.

OK so its bin done. And I take it its not feasible to slap a turbo straight on an RT engine. damit. But for a couple of grand nick, i coluld prob sell it and get a willy!

BMW 320d Sport

Yeah exactly you might as well get a Willy for the extra dosh. Youre always gonna be looking at least 2 or 3 grand for any major power mod on a Clio. THeres no way of getting round it unfortunately!

Personally Id go with a Willy engine if I wanted more power from a 1.4RT. The 5 turbo engine would be a cheeper option if you dont mind changing the engine mount positions to get it to fit. It would also be a bit cheeper if you decided you wanted to tune it too. As Im in the 5 turbo OC too I can always source a decent engine and g/box and all running gear for very good prices. But it may be cheeper to buy a damaged car and just use that as they can go for as little as £3-400 (sometimes less!), and thats for a complete car. I paid £200 for mine two years ago and it only needed a new head gasket (£50 for parts). You will then just be able to take off bits you need like wiring loom, boost pipes, intercooler etc....

Good luck and let me know if you need any more info.

barry.davison@virgin.net

YES IT WAS VAN AAKEN DEVELOPMENTS, IKEEP EMAILING THEM, THIS IS WOT I GOT BACK OF THEM.

Dear Paul,

In the next few weeks we will return a Ren Twingo to its German owner and remove the kit and measure it up for the Clio, if all goes well we may have some good news, but this will be in the next few weeks.

Thanks

HOPE THIS HELPS
DELBOY

The main reason I asked is cos I want a bit more power without and MAJOR work (ie. dropping an entire new block in) and Id LOVE to fit a dump valve!

Any ways round it? does anyone know of any companies that can design/have a hybrid that can be fairly cheaply fitted?

cheers guys

Ben

you can always have a custom one made up, but it will cost. I read that some dud had make a contract with a company to turbo his focus with a min of 200BHP, and when they got it wrong, they had to send it to another company to do. All for 2000 quid.
So, if you really want it, just find a company that will go it, or a super charger might be easier....try GMC up north.