ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turinis + exaltos first impressions

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Still bedding them in so no banzai driving just yet.
Mainly noticed that interior rattles more!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Steering feels lighter......
Running 33psi F 30psi R

Stands out in our works car park more than with standard wheels.

Ad

MK2 FRS
are they the same size as standard???

Strange that the steering feels light, do you check your pressures regulalrly??

Weeman sucks ****
Mine's a lot lighter up front with the PE2's on compared to contis. A tiny bit squidgier than the contis too but grip levels are a bit better. Will se ehow they get on round the ring on thursday.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
adtmits said:
are they the same size as standard???

Strange that the steering feels light, do you check your pressures regulalrly??

Standard wheels had new 195/45/16 contis, turinis have 205/45/16 exaltos.

Yes, i do check pressures............

Red Clio 197 F1
Nice up grade!

I up graded a couple of months back (non anthracite turinis) and I too put 205/45/16s on and now the car is all over the place - especially in the damp - wet!

Wish i had kept the 195s now as the I really think the handling has been hindered. Mine is a Phase 1 so RS may have made alterations to the suspension set up (definately on Cup / packs & Trophy), that allows for wider track tyres.

They look the bees knees, but boy do I wish I still had 195s

MKIII 138
weird about light steering ! i bought some NS2`s for the first time and i also went for 205 on my turinis, they look fat tyres with loads of deep tread yet they understeer more at high speeds and lets say you turn the wheel sligtly at 70mph there is a floating feeling like the car isnt fully grippin ? i run 195`s on the rear still.

is it the tyre or is it the 205 size thats making this happen ????

also i have a 172 cup btw. i do feel like accelaration has improved but its just lateral grip which is dodgy ? does that mean 190`s (if even possible) would corner better. or is 195 the best setting for the cup ? how could such a small change make such a difference ?

may also add i went for them from advise on here thanks EVOgone !!! grrrr :(

:D

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Lovely wheels..

Did you get them directly from Renault? How much were they if you dont mind me asking?

Aren't the offsets different on a 172 to the trophy ET45 on the 182?

Tyson.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Looks great!! Alot 'Sportier' with the darker Turinis on. Where did you get them?(Girlfriend quickly went off idea of Lupo by the way!!)

Weeman sucks ****
The 205's should handle better and feel heavier.

I did have 205's on mine but as I have coilovers they were catching the arches loads more than the 195's, so I went back to the standard.

The different trea pattern could result in the change of handling. Contis are harder and have chunkier tread blocks and harder sidewalls.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
JayJo said:
Nice up grade!

I up graded a couple of months back (non anthracite turinis) and I too put 205/45/16s on and now the car is all over the place - especially in the damp - wet!

Wish i had kept the 195s now as the I really think the handling has been hindered. Mine is a Phase 1 so RS may have made alterations to the suspension set up (definately on Cup / packs & Trophy), that allows for wider track tyres.

They look the bees knees, but boy do I wish I still had 195s

Is this because these tyres are pressure sensitive???????????

33F 30R is this correct??????????

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Tyson-182 said:
Lovely wheels..

Did you get them directly from Renault? How much were they if you dont mind me asking?

Aren't the offsets different on a 172 to the trophy ET45 on the 182?

Tyson.

Clio 182 (Cup Pack and Trophy are the same) 45
Clio 172 Mk2 : 48

3mm difference

Clio 172 Cup : 38.5

MKIII 138
dunno i thought so, its ok at low speed it just doesnt seem the same at high speed, not terrible but no better

Megane 225 Cup
im just confused now, more rubber = more grip surely......

but maybe its too much on a little car or something...???

Red Clio 197 F1
I put a thread on here a couple of months back, shortly after changing my tyres.

A guy gave a clever & logical response.........

More rubber however this means more surface coverage but less pressure.

For example, a lady standing on your foot with a stiletto will hurt a lot more than a guy twice as heavy with a wide sole shoe - physics me thinks!