ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turn off ESP on Mk2 172

Possible? Done a search and found two topics on ESP but no details on exactly how to turn it off...

Thanks in advance

Yep there should be a button to the right of your steering wheel (next to the control for dimming you dash lights) that says ESP. If you press the button you should get a amber symbol on your dash (The one that looks like a drunk driver)

Not all 172s have it. Its standard on late 2002 & 2003 models I think.

Cheers Potster

2012 WRX Waggon

yep - there is a switch just above ur right knee, when off a yellow warning lamp comes on on ur dash.

Erm if you havent got the switch, are you sure you have ESP??? is it one of the belgium(?) imports that have it but not switch?

If you dont have the switch, you most likely havent got ESP.

I switch ESP off most of the time when Im driving, but it defaults to ON every time your car starts up... Annoying...

Not quite true; if you havent got the switch it does not mean you dont have ESP. You just cant turn it off.

To make sure if you have it or not, turn the ignition key to position 2 and check whether the light in your dashboard comes up.

If yes: you have ESP and cant turn it off.
If not: you dont have ESP.

Theres a series made in 02 that dont have the switchable ESP, though.
Cheers
Sandro

Thanks for the extra info - will check this when i have the chance. Yes the car is an import but cant remember if its from Holland or Belgium off the top of my head.

Sandro - if you have ESP but no switch then you can get the switch fitted, someone on here had it done (cant remember who though :confused:

2012 WRX Waggon

I was talking to Adi about this very subject, it would bi interesting to compare an ESPed 172 Mk2 with one running without, just too see what difference it actually made.

clio 20v

yeh we was wonderin wot it actually did an how clever it is, someone must know about it or is it just a gimmick

obviously itll be geared towards safety rather than performance

ull hav to try a few launches at york with it on an off paul see what kind of diff it makes