ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TV and Laptop

Honda & VW
I am tempted to get a new TV, i have decided to use £1000 from my recent bonus to get both a TV and Laptop.

My Laptop has been playing up for ages now (goes REALLY slow most the time, it takes forever to load anything even if i have just clicked on 'Cars for sale' for instance it takes several seconds to action my direction).

Due to this i have decided to get a new one, we've had this one for around 3-4 years and its just getting worse and worse.

Currently have a Dell, no idea what model etc - all i do know is the original hard drive became corrupt and so i had to replace it.

My question is two fold.....

LAPTOP
1] Whats the best Laptop to get for under £500, we only use it for surfing the web and storing all our photos on basically.

TV
2] For around £500 what is the best TV on the market, must be larger than 32". Want as good a picture as possible. Plasma's always seem to be alot cheaper but then i have been put off by plasma as i have heard they dont last long. For e.g. Do i get a 51" Plasma or a 40" LCD
I am not very clued up on all the jargon etc, i understand Hz relate to refrech rate and have seen the difference between 50hz and 200hz last year in the Sony Centre

Any info would be gratfully received

A.N. Other
FWIW, it's worth re-installing Windows fresh, and then loading all the latest drivers - almost always speeds up an old pc.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
dell laptops are rubbish ,i wouldnt get another one imo.
also panasonic tv's are very good

We have hundreds of Dell laptops of various ages at work for staff and students and in the main they've been good imo.

Id try rebuilding your laptop as suggested above. If you do need a new one after then £350-400 would get one good enough for what you want. Money left could get a good 50" TV.

What you've heard about Plasma's is complete rubbish btw.

Honda & VW
What would display the better quality in picture, an LCD with 200hz or a Plazma with 600hz?
Why can you often get alot more Tele from a Plasma compared to LCD/LCD Backilit?