ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TV Bracket for the wall...

6/468 17poo
Just bought a house and want to mount a 40" Sony TV on the fireplace, my mates a sparky and has said he needs to chase along the wall and install a plug directly behind the TV bracket.

Can anyone recommend a decent bracket as TV's are generally expensive and heavy also are there any neat tricks to hide hdmi leads, scarts and component leads?

Ryan

Hide everything in the wall. For brackets I got one quite cheap from 123brackets I think they were called, bang on.

6/468 17poo
I've just got one of these and chucked it on the wall for my 32" -> http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004T8XBNM/?tag=cliospnet01-21 (Check that saving out LOL).

It's rock solid and I can swing off it without it budging.

As above, if you're already having a new socket fitted then hide the other cables in the wall at the same time.

Jesus thats proper cheap?! Are they a safe website tho? i wanted one which extended out of the wall ideally but thats way too cheap!

Seat Ibiza
Ive got one, from Currys, it was thrown in with the TV but its good, I doubt its £5 thou... :)
I have had a TV ariel and socket behind the wall too.
Looks spot on...and i hate wires :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Asda living is the cheapest place I've found for decent brackets.

My uncles a sparky and if he ever does a tv for someone he uses them.

I paid a tenner for a simple tilt bracket for a 32" last week, for £20 you got a swivel and tilt.

Seat Ibiza
Yeah its not massively flush but it looks alright!
And as for cables, I aways use Amazon, I also got a £60 one when I bought the TV (Didn't pay that mind) but point being I wouldn't say it was that much better if any at all from a £5 from amazon. Don't be held up on gold plated, tripled shielded, oxygen free cables, I don't think they are worth it for the money unless your using 3D maybe...?
Thats my opinion anyways...!