ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TV for Xmas - £2kish budget

Formally Clio 182
Just because you are getting a 2k bonus, I wouldn't spend it all on a TV tbh. You would probably regret it.

I would be more than happy spending £700 on a 50" 1080p TV (which would still be amazing) and have £1300 to spend on other stuff.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
lol, my bonus isn't 2k mate.

£700 50"? show me? i'm after somehting bigger than what i have please fella.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Personally i would try and source a pioneer plasma with that budget, they have pulled out of the tv market earlier this year but they made, in many peoples opinion, the best tv's available.

I think they pulled out because many preferred to buy an inferior £700 panel rather than a superior £2-3K panel and sales were low, but if you can afford it they are well worth the money. This picture quality is stunning to say the least and combined with a good surround sound (possibly a bose lifestyle system?) system would be the ultimate home entertainment system.

182FF with cup packs
Does anyone have one? or has anyone got better recommendations? i was loving the size of this thing as i already have a 40" Sony W2000.

I have a 46" Series 8 (The 200Hz version).

Cracking picture. Amazingly thin. Loads of options when it comes to picture setup. I love mine.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
sorry lads, i'm feeling like noob at this stage. nothing to do with my bonus either. just mentioned it to show i'm serious and you won't be wasting your advice on another 'i may get a telly thread'.

thanks for the replies.

so i'd love a 55" hence looking at the series 7.

saw this one then http://www.play.com/Electronics/Ele...7000-HD-1080p-Freeview-Plasma-TV/Product.html

or this one? http://www.digitaldirect.co.uk/toshiba/55zv635db.html

thoughts?

the pioneer looks lovely, but is it really worth the difference?am i right in thinking plasma aren't as good as LED/LCD for high def and plasma are better for standard def viewing?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
the pioneer looks lovely, but is it really worth the difference?am i right in thinking plasma aren't as good as LED/LCD for high def and plasma are better for standard def viewing?

Certainly is, like Louis (or is it louise?) says above, you wont find a better tv for sensible money and plasma is better than LCD imo, and i dont own a plasma since i am too poor so i aren't biased.

It is Louis right all of you Louis Louis Louis not Louise but Louis
Im male i have a dick I am a man.

1.8 Civic EX
It is Louis right all of you Louis Louis Louis not Louise but Louis
Im male i have a dick I am a man.

lol good call. tbh if it was Louise I would expect you would have put Louisem instead of Louism or is that to obvious?!?

back on topic, spending that amount on a TV (imo) is a bit over the top. Give it a year or so and it'll be cheaper and there will be something better out so you can never win tbh.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i'm just after a bit bigger size and the mrs has ok'd it, so may aswell? my 40" looks to small - i convinced myself

dk

911 GTS Cab
plasma is so 90's.......for HD tv and gaming it has to be LCD imo.

thought pioneer had left the tv market too?

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
saw the samsung LED 7 series 55" in store at a currys megastore in purley. actually made all the other tellys look shite! they had an enormous wall full of them and the LED colours really stood out, massive shame there was no kuro around to see the difference.

i'm going to view a kuro before i decide then work out how important the extra 5" is to me!