ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tv help (which one)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
ok need a tv got about 1k to spend, what do i get?? really want something between 37 and 42"

only other thing is atm i dont wanna run amps etc so really needs inbuilt front speakers (will be replacing soon as i can afford to get my naim amp serviced and fixed) want one before or just after xmas, needs to be hd ready etc..

so help :D

RS Meg 175
wait untill after chrismas defo then have a look down the normal electrical stores: currys comet etc.

but you could get a nice Philips, Samsung or LG LCD for that price in about 32" or alternatively pay another couple of hundred and get a package like Curry's do that includes home entertainment kit (suroround sound), a glass stand and sometimes dvd player.

just have a snoop round after chrimbo or even before so you can get a feel for the prices mate :)

generally speaking £1.2k will get you an awesome system :) but be careful if you want an LCD wall mounted Curry's charge £300 for fitting inc. the mount!!!

Revels Mum & Sister
wait untill after chrismas defo then have a look down the normal electrical stores: currys comet etc.

but you could get a nice Philips, Samsung or LG LCD for that price in about 32" or alternatively pay another couple of hundred and get a package like Curry's do that includes home entertainment kit (suroround sound), a glass stand and sometimes dvd player.

just have a snoop round after chrimbo or even before so you can get a feel for the prices mate :)

generally speaking £1.2k will get you an awesome system :) but be careful if you want an LCD wall mounted Curry's charge £300 for fitting inc. the mount!!!

He is going to be running a Naim system so I dont think a cheap Surround Sound is much point

989 42" 1080p screen from dixons and currys not sure on stock levels at the mo tho as they are selling rather well oh thats a goodmans by the way (dont be a badge snob)

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Do you think prices will drop quite a bit after xmas? I am moving in Feb and want a HDTV for when I move in so would it be a lot cheaper to buy after xmas?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
dumb q but do i go lcd or plasma?

its gonna be in the main lounge i have a s**t load of audio stuff in the loft waiting to be used i wont need a "package" my naim av amp is playing up so it needs to be fixed but looking at 400-800 quid i think (its worth about 6-7k so thats fairly cheap) and have some tag mclarren speakers... so just need to sort out the screen...

parents said if i choose one and pay half they will pay the rest and get sky hd etc so just need a good screen not sure weather to get lcd or plasma though...

V6 Exige, GTR R35
they reckon up to about32/37 to go for lcd, anything above that to go for plasma.

however i have a 46 inch bravia and its an lcd and the picture is spot on......

have a look in http://www.avforums.com/ for some info.

and i found www.digitaldirect.co.uk is probably one of the cheapest places to buy a tv even after paying for delivery.

Last edited:
  Rav4
you can get a nice pioneer plasma but they are 1.8k

Sony W series are excellent have 2 HDMI ports instead of the one in the V series. X series are gorgeous but too expensive.

Generally, they say that LCD does not match the colours of a plasma, however i dont agree with this.

LCD does not suffer from screen burn, so good for PC XBOX WII whatever.

Make sure it has a VGA input (pc input) you might want to hook it up sometime.

Really all depends on what you like the look off the most, buy what hi fi mag. its got everything there.