ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TV help

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
can anyone tell me what this problem i seem to be having is? i cant work out if its a poor downloaded copy of the film or if its my TV that cant handle the picture.

basically the only way i can describe it is "blocky" off blacks. so whenever its a dark picture (as below) the background thats suposed to be dark is really blocky.

i hope the quality is still in these pictures to give a proper example of what im trying to say.

tv4_zps0fde3f4d.png

tv2_zps4ca68c9a.jpg

its highly annoying and i understand if its the tv theres nothing i can do but it will help me with my choice in tv when i get a new one

as you can see the picture is great (faces are clear and crisp, but the rest is poor) but its not the complete package

(appologies if the pictures have been butchered by photobucket)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Lol I put them there to show where I was on about! Stupid thing is on my pc (on the same tv) the pictures looked fine for trying to explain what I was on about, on my iPad they look fine :(

What's the details of the movie? (GB, pixels, bit rate?).

I've seen this on really crap sources.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
It's iron man in 1080p apparently from a bluray disk. It's in mp4 format, played on vlc and its about 1.7gb

frame width -1920
frame height - 800
data rate - 1781kbps
Total bitrate - 1873
and 23 frames/sec

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I just realised that as I was typing it out lol.

seems the blurays aren't true 1080 then

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
You've got black lines top and bottom - I bet they make up the missing 280 lines ;)

It's a download in .mkv meaning it'll be compressed. BRs are about 20-30GB unless they're dual layer and that's doubled ;) If youve got a file that's less than 10% original size, you're going to see losses.

Get a real BR on the go and see what it looks like.

:evil:

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Yes there are black lines top and bottom lol.

thing is with 20gb a film I'd have no room left on my hdd with all the films I have

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
No I understand. The copy I have has been compressed so I've lost quality. But as its my sisters bluray and she copied it for me I have to save it on my hdd. If every film I have was put on my hdd as a full bluray copy (20gb you say?) than I wouldn't have any room for them all lol.

It's iron man in 1080p apparently from a bluray disk. It's in mp4 format, played on vlc and its about 1.7gb

frame width -1920
frame height - 800
data rate - 1781kbps
Total bitrate - 1873
and 23 frames/sec

And that's your problem.

Nothing wrong with .mp4, but for a 1080p file, you need 4,000 kps+ and around 5-8gb in file size.

I'm taking a wild guess at a YIFY file? If so, they are crap (no 5.1 either).

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
No it's a copy from my sister, don't know where she got it from but I was under the impression it was a copy from the bluray she has.

I do have some yifi files too with the same problem so you would say stay away from them?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
FLOL.

1GB compression of a 30GB file, what did you expect?

Blu ray bit rates can top 40Mbit/s and your file is 1.9Mbit/s

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
It's a 42" lg clart. Not sure on model number ATM.

Sorry Tom, don't know as much about this as you do hence I've asked the question. I had a feeling it was something to do with the copy I was given.