ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TV satellite signal experts - advice please

Quality diagram to help illustrate the query :eek:

d1.gif

Would large overhanging oak trees on one side of a house affect the signal to the satellite mounted on the other side facing in the direction of the red line?

Any advice much appreciated :)

Bumder With A Buffer
That picture is rubbish...you should be ashamed.

Yes more then likely.

If you look at your dish and your line of sight, if any tall trees or other objects are in the way = loss of signal. Might notice it more in windy conditions if trees are the culprit

Be better to take a photo of where your dish is pointing to and upload on here. That diagram is appalling mate.;)

Polo + Micra
i can't see how the trees affect the signal

it's probably just slipped slightly out of alignment

the dish is on the side of a chimney and facing in the direction of the red line i believe (not had a chance to have a good look at that side yet)

the trees are mine but the house/dish isn't. trying to avoid getting stuck with a large tree surgeon bill and want to be sure if/how these trees will be affecting the signal as i'm not really sure how it all works :eek:

will have a closer look tomorrow and try to get a photo

thanks chaps :cool:

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
If the trees are in line of sight of the sat, then yes they will block the signal. Please use http://www.dishpointer.com/ and locate the dish. Set the satellite to 28.2east. This will tell you if the trees are in line with the same angle of the sat. It will not inidate however if they are tall enougth to be in the line of sight, but its a good place to start. TBH if there dish is on the chimney, then the trees would have to be very all and/or very close for it to be in line of sight.

There could be a number of other reasons why signal has gone bad for them:

1. dish has moved in the wind
2. LNC is on the way out
3. Water int he coax
4. dish ahs become rusty and thus wont reflect the signal well.
5. digibox's IF tuner has broken.