ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tversity streaming to 360 problem

Audi S3 225
Hey, I’m having trouble with the latest version of tversity and my 360. I’ve noticed that 50% of my movie collection won’t work it just says format not supported or something along those lines. 25% play but with black screen and sound and the other 25% play normally.

It’s weird as I’m sure films that don’t work now used to work before? I haven’t messed around with any settings everything’s as default and the 360 is connected via Ethernet.

Anyone got any ideas, the 360 has the optional media update downloaded and my pc has the latest xp codec pack.

The movies are mainly 800mbs xvids and all from newsgroups if that makes a difference.

Thanks guys

Allan

320d M Sport
no idea? tVersity always works fine with me, its the only thing that would actually.

You tried just re-installing tVersity?

Audi S3 225
ive only got windows xp, dont know how to stream normally? Ive reinstalled tversity many times and still same problem. Think its the xbox. Ive posted on tversity forums so will see what they say.

Thanks

Audi S3 225
I found this info that might help some peeps, turns out the sound but black screen is something to do with the vga cable im using. If you do the steps below it fixes the problem. wahoo! im getting there...

1. Connect your Xbox 360 to a display device using a component video cable

2. Go to the System Blade

3. Go to Console Settings

4. Go to Display

5. Set your display settings to a different resolution than is currently selected (e.g., set it to 480p if your current setting is 720p)

6. You should see a slider with the words “Your display settings have changed. You can keep this setting or try another. Do you want to keep the new settings? If you keep the new settings, your TV will be tested to see if it also supports this setting at 50Hz.” Answer “Yes, keep these settings” to this prompt.

7. After this your display will be tested for 50Hz output

8. You should see a slider with the words “Now displaying at 50Hz. Does this display appear correctly?” Answer “No” to this prompt even if the display is correct. Again, make sure to answer “No” to this prompt.

9. Connect your Xbox up via VGA again. The videos should now play correctly.
and no it does not mean you are setting you 360 to 50hz